DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Questions re Dungeon Painter Studio

Hi Guys,..

I hoping I might be able to get some answers here about Dungeon Painter Studio. I purchased from steam several days ago and have been having nothing but problems with it and have as of yet to be able to get any answers from the workshop discussions. I purchased for the specific reason of creating a top down view of a village. Should be easy enough. But there were not any building/house/structure "tops" included with the original program so, after researching for about an hour I came across the workshop and the "mods".

I found out that I needed a Mod called "tops" and subscribed to it and several others, like Bodies, items etc,. Once subscribed I went to the Mods button and it downloaded all the subscribed to mods and the folders showed up in the bottom left corner as they should, BUT most of the tiles were not there, and even some of the sub folders were not there. For example: Tops has a subfolder (at least as far as one of the workshop commenters stated) called Buildings and in that folder I would find tiles for building tops, but there wasn't a building subfolder. the subfolders started with Carpet.

So, thus far this thing has been completely unusable.

Now,. Getting no answers on the workshops discussions page I decided to simply uninstall the entire program, and unsubscribe to all of the mods I had subscribed to. Which it did so successfully. I then re-installed the program and only subscribed to ONE mod (the tops mod) and when I started up the reinstalled program, BEFORE installing the Tops mod, the Folder section in the bottom left corner STILL had all the older mods I had subscribed to but again without any of the content of the mod.

Can anyone point me to some help with gettin gthis program to work correctly or should I just abandon it a nd attempt to utilize something else?

Thanks,...

I never used the "tops" mod, I'm using mostly the "FA" Tilesets and they work nice.
    What might be happening, make sure you choose the correct "paint mode" (object, floor, walls etc.) in the upper toolbar, then the folders should be populated correctly. I've used DPS quite a bit, send me a PM if you need any more help, DPS is not the easiest to learn and get your head around at most times.

First image is how it should work
    DPS.PNG
    DPS2.PNG
    Last edited by TrentLane; October 28th, 2018 at 19:48. Reason: Added images for clarification

Moved your questions to their own thread.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I havent used that mod and i mostly use the free DPO (cos I like quick) but this is what I normally do.

Select Grounds & Floors polygon
    Search (or select) a Roof tile.
    Click a roof tile and then move on to map.
    Click on a grid intersection.
    Move mouse down 2 units and click the intersection.
    Move right 3 units and up to units and click the intersection.
    Move mouse down to units and click the intersection.
    Move mouse left 3 and up 2 (should be on teh start corner now) and click.
    This should draw a "bow tie" shape.
    Select a similar roof tile rotated 90deg and repeat the process but this time fill in the blank areas.

Blog Entries
    You can also do this:

Select Objects in menu at top.
    Then use Folders at bottom to find "stamps".
    Im not sure if "PaperStyle" is a mod or included - but it has a bunch of roofs in it.

Thread Information