5E Character Create Playlist
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456
    Blog Entries
    Revealing the whole map means the players will always have that info front and center. They will not be able to not see it. Letting the players know the exploit exists and you hope they don't use it, is pretty much the same as exists everyday with every adventures regardless of format. After all, if a player want to 'cheat' or look ahead at the maps or modules, they can do that anyway, either by purchasing the module themselves, or stealing it from an illegal online source.

Cheaters will cheat, don't force the honest players to have info their characters don't have, keep the map masked and in general it helps set the tone and those that are honest will honor that.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Even with the “cheat”; it’s not a fully detailed map they see; just rough outlines. Just don’t mention it to the others; and ask the player to keep on the down low.

I may have a possible fix to be included with next release; but it still needs to go through a few weeks of beta testing with the community.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Desmodaeus View Post
    Yeah, but I know my players and I know a couple of them would not be able to resist the temptation. Also, it may be true that the bug has always existed, but if that is the case then it has had ample time to be corrected. But that's neither here nor there. Just wanted to see if anyone foresaw any issues if I handled it that way.
    There is another way to handle this.. I will probably be getting a nice stake and associated fire for mentioning this, but it's just temporary, right?

- Use a second VTT to run the map with fog of war. (I use two VTTs all the time, FG on one monitor for campaign management/GM screen and another VTT for the issues FG doesn't handle well, e.g. maps, dice rolling, video/audio chat, music streaming, connectivity)***.

*** For my games at any rate.

(Disclaimer: I support FG and it really has many nice features. Not advocating for other VTTs, just a suggestion to improve your game for the time being)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
    I will probably be getting a nice stake and associated fire for mentioning this...
    How about steak and fire? I like grilled steak, gotta go to the store..

Me, I'm just too lazy to worry about trying to use multiple programs just to overcome a 'flaw' like this

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    How about steak and fire? I like grilled steak, gotta go to the store..

Me, I'm just too lazy to worry about trying to use multiple programs just to overcome a 'flaw' like this
    Steak sounds good as(s) long as it isn't mine

Well, yeah, to each his own. For me, I need to have it my way and so I've spent a ridiculous amount of time getting things just so-and-so. (Example: Gwydion helped me for the longest time with the streaming music bit - I just couldn't enjoy the game without the music... My way. I mean, I tinkered and I tinkered for months. And if OP wants to show the maps the way they should be shown, his way
    ..)

Hence the 'YMMV' above It isn't much hassle though, not compared to trying to use maps in FG.

Thanks guys. Some good suggestions and feedback here. I have some options to consider. And Moon Wizard, that would be awesome. Hope that gets worked out in the release.

I've modified the mask color extension that is floating around the forums and it seems to help if you're using the default 5e theme (faux leather). I didn't see the problem with the official 5e theme since it is already white, which is what gave me the idea . Hope this helps in the short term until there is a fix.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I will try this out, thank you!

Awesome! Thanks so much, this works!

Thread Information