DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Automating skills mark as used for the investigator improvement phase

My players and I always forget to mark skills marked as used after the first successful skill roll. I think this feature might be useful for people like us
    Is this something that is possible to be implemented in later release?

Entry in the Options might enable/disable the functionality.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

No?

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    My players and I always forget to mark skills marked as used after the first successful skill roll.
    Me too... when playing with pen and paper :-)

We could do this, in fact I considered it, but decided against it because it could not know if you decided to spend luck or not... Also we would then need a mechanism for rolling the advances and clearing the boxes. Should that be automated or should we let players roll themselves, one by one? If so, how do we know it is an advancement roll, not just a skill roll...

In the end we decided to leave it manual, but if there is enough interest, we can add it to the list...

Ian

Maybe make it optional would be a way.... So this could be deactivated during the advancement phase?
    Now, on my side, my group can live pretty well without it
    Ultimate license holder
    Pref : Cthulhu and savage Worlds

I understand the rationale behind abandoning this feature. It is true that if you automate it, you need to take into account all possible scenarios that mark this box as checked. But how you decide if there is enough interest? So far I have played with 8 people and all of them expressed the wish to have this automated, but none of them will log here to write a post .

And... when you mentioned the advances... I think this is much more easy to implement and will significantly ease the investigator improvement phase! Currently we roll check and watch for failure or roll 1d100 and compare. If you do automatically the "improvement" roll and then the 1d10 increase roll it will be great.

Is it possible to have "mode" in the tab where you go during the investigator improvement phase, similar to the skill list edit mode?

Thread Information