5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

LFP Tomb of Annihilation GMT+2

FG License: Ultimate
    Game System: DnD 5e

Time Zone: GMT +2 (not sure if that changes on the weekend because of summer time ending?)
    Day of week and time: Weekdays, preferably Thursdays, from 18-22
    Planned Duration & Frequency: max 4 hour sessions, every other week or every week
    Term: Long term, possibility to end in a homebrew adventure

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: 60/50 Roleplay/Combat, more beneath
    Number of Players needed: 4-5 players
    Character starting level & equipment: Level 1, Equipment bought with gold
    Character restrictions: only officially released content

Official campaign description:
    The talk of the streets and taverns has all been about the so-called death curse: a wasting disease afflicting everyone who’s ever been raised from the dead. Victims grow thinner and weaker each day, slowly but steadily sliding toward the death they once denied.
    When they finally succumb, they can’t be raised—and neither can anyone else, regardless of whether they’ve ever received that miracle in the past. Temples and scholars of divine magic are at a loss to explain a curse that has affected the entire region, and possibly the entire world.
    The cause is a necromantic artifact called the Soulmonger, which is located somewhere in Chult, a mysterious peninsula far to the south, ringed with mountains and choked with rainforests.

About me:
    I am a soon 30 year old DM that has been dming for a weekly, physical group for about 3 years now. I tried being a player on FG, but because it is very hard to find a group located in Europe, it never really worked out.
    Originally I am from Germany, but have been living in Sweden for the last 8 years. I am a teacher, working full time, but would like to have another group beside my physical group every other week.

Having DMed Tomb of Annihilation once before, I would love to DM it once more. There is so much to this adventure that I have never been able to experience in play. I do not like the "ticking bomb" nature of this adventure, and I did change quite a lot of the original content, making it more enjoyable to explore the lands.

I do enjoy the "survive the jungle" aspect of the campaign, and if fighting for and counting gallons of water (and dehydrating of not getting enough) isn't your thing, this campaign is not for you. A big part of this adventure will be about travelling the jungle in search of an unknown place.

What I am looking for are players that favor good roleplaying before good combat. Often groups I have played with ended up interacting more with the DM than with each other. I want you to enjoy roleplaying with the others, not telling me what you do, or asking me if you can do a certain thing more often than you talk to your fellow party members. Min/Maxing isn't my thing, either. You should be okay with getting penalties for dehydrating, or contracting a sickness, even if it is very bad for you combat-wise. Lingering injuries (a homebrew version of it, which can be tough at times) will be used, as well as critical and fumble effects to give more opportunities to roleplay. I would like to see players roleplay this and make it fun to play. There will be combat, and I try to make it interesting. A few interesting combat encounters are more important to me than a lot of them that do not progress the story at all. That is why characters will be leveled by milestones, not experience. Finding interesting solutions to avoid combat, or enhancing combat by coming up with fun ideas are always appreciated as well. (No murder-hobos )

This campaign is also not for rule-lawyers I think I know most of the rules by heart by now, but if I do not, you won't see me reading up on specifics in the middle of combat. I want the game to flow. Rules can be discussed during breaks or after the game, but not during.

It is a very lengthy campaign to about level 11, which will take a while if playing 4hours bi-weekly. Please only write if you are willing to commit to it. Too often groups fall apart after a couple of sessions

If, after reading this very picky description (yes, I'm German ), you feel like this game is for you, let me know! This is my favourite official campaign and I am very much looking forward to find awesome people to play it with once more!
    Last edited by dommex88; October 22nd, 2018 at 19:56.

Hi Dommex,

This looks really interesting and I would like to join. 18.00h would be a bit of a problem every second week though due to work. 1 week I can make it, the next I can be ready around 18.30.
    I have role play experience (d&d,wfrp,gurps,vampire) but it has been a while, especially d&d. I'm not a number cruncher or a min/max-er. I enjoy the occasional silliness, but can definitely play a serious campaign too.
    I've never used FG (even though I have the ultimate licence, looking to dm myself eventually).
    I am Belgian but live in Czech Republic (same time zone as you), 37 year old.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Hello! I'm very interested in joining this campaign. Tomb of Annihilation has been on my radar for awhile, i'm excited about potentially getting to experience it myself. I'm on EST, but I work weird hours so depending on exactly what times you land on - I'll most likely able to commit.

Sounds interesting, I'm new to FG and refreshing my memory a bit on D&D after many years. Friday would be perfect if that is possible, I'm on GMT

Im interested

Still looking for people!

Mind the timezone (Europe)

If there are still spots open, this sounds great! Although I'm EST, the timeframe works for me on Tuesdays or Thursdays.

I've been playing D&D since 1st edition, just got into FG for a game last year, so while I understand the basics, I'm not completely conversant with it, yet. I have Discord, and an Ultimate FG license. I definitely favor RP over rules-lawyering or murdering everything in sight; making a cool story is the whole point.

Interested

Quote Originally Posted by dommex88 View Post
    Still looking for people!

Mind the timezone (Europe)
    I am looking for a group to play with. I have been playing a DM for a group of guys for about 4 years now, needing a break. I have played DnD for about 6 years now, starting with 3.5. I have been interested in ToA since its release and have wanted to try it out. I have some basic knowledge of the adventure as I have thought of using it myself. I am open to play any kind of character and class. I am in the US, so our times will be slightly off, but it still works for me as it would be 4pm-8pm. I have Thursday's off.

Thread Information