STAR TREK 2d20
    Blog Entries

Clicking on Skill Checks D&D5e

I have one player who has consistently had problems clicking on any skill checks or saves on his character sheet. I have no problems from my end ... nor is anyone else in our group experiencing this problem. He has about an 80 % fail rate. He has tried replacing the mouse. Same outcome. We have tried finding a sweet spot without ant luck. Any thoughts? Thanks!

No idea. Could you ask the player to do a short little video showing the issue?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Obvious I know but he is clicking on the 'Total' column and only once the pointer has changed to a hand icon?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

As a work-around, the player could try dragging the skill roll to a hotbar slot. You can tell you have te roll when the dice attach to the mouse for dragging.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by mhorgunn View Post
    I have one player who has consistently had problems clicking on any skill checks or saves on his character sheet. I have no problems from my end ... nor is anyone else in our group experiencing this problem. He has about an 80 % fail rate. He has tried replacing the mouse. Same outcome. We have tried finding a sweet spot without ant luck. Any thoughts? Thanks!
    My group has had periodic problems with clicking various roll boxes. We found that the most reliable solution is to drag the box (skill total in this case) into the chat window to make a roll rather than click or double click the box. It seems to provide us with consistent rolling without having to worry about accidentally double rolling or not rolling at all, etc.

The usual functionality is to single click a button and double click a rollable box (usually indicated with a small dice icon in the corner).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    You could also try adjust the mouse sensitivity and the double click speed. It might be that he's moving the mouse a tiny bit in between clicks and therefore it's registering as two single clicks rather than one double click.

Also, some mouse driver you can assign the 4th or 5th mouse button as a double left click. Might make it easier.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    My group has had periodic problems with clicking various roll boxes. We found that the most reliable solution is to drag the box (skill total in this case) into the chat window to make a roll rather than click or double click the box. It seems to provide us with consistent rolling without having to worry about accidentally double rolling or not rolling at all, etc.
    Used this method in tonight's game ... Many thanks!!! This was a great solution for this player!!! Thank you from all my players for making our game run smoother!!!

Thread Information