DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    it is still problematic for square tokens
    is it because tokens are square, or just tokens that fill the grid space entirely?

square.jpg

here is my "square" token that i was advised to be able to grab the token to use a 1% transparency, to give all points of the token to be selected, but the background is 100% to show the bounds of the actual token area.

and here again is what they look like with the 1% background.

you can see in the first image that there is actually negative space still around the token as there would be with a "round" token. is it that the "square" token is square or fills the entire grid space?

does a hex token have the same problem on the hex grid? does a square token on a hex grid? does a round token on a hex grid?

do i need to add more negative space around my "square" tokens to be able to avoid this problem?
    or
    do square tokens with negative space around them alleviate this problem, and only the tokens that fill the square grid cause it by the non-alpha space reaching the grid bounds?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shadzar View Post
    is it because tokens are square, or just tokens that fill the grid space entirely?
    The comment was a reference to FGU. Yes, the issue is that the selection indicator is round, so much of it is hidden behind the square token. If you consider the bounds of a token as defined by a box, using the diagonal extents works well for square tokens, but makes the selection larger than desired for a round token. Use the horizontal or vertical bounds, and it works well for round tokens, but it is small for square tokens. Corner brackets may be a good solution for tokens regardless of the bounds.

so absolutely no way to future proof tokens, since it is the geometry engine when selecting them that is causing the issues?

It has more to do with the how the UI is set up relative to the shape and size of the tokens. Carl is talking about finding a solution that works equally well for square and round tokens.

Regards,
    JPG

right, optimum solution, make sure it works for all tokens shapes. that is how one would think best to do it.

but again i ask, what about hex tokens? are they considered and treated like "round" due to their shape? does FGU still include hex grids?
    does the issue exist with FG3 when selecting a hex token due to the selection geometry?

maybe i am confused on Ken's image since it show a square marquee selection but FG is to my understanding by Carl's statement using round selection geometry?

even small amounts of FGU news is news, and inquiring minds want to know!

Blog Entries
    Round, in this context, is only referring to the selection indicator. Tokens do not have an implicit shape based on grid-type. And, yes, FGU has hex grids.

All it does is create 4 widgets anchored off the center of the token with token-width*scalefactor and token-height*scalefactor plus an offset. That way it doesn't matter what the shape of the token is, the widgets 'contain' it, and scale with it when the token scales. Ideally FG can do the same by making the graphic scale up a little larger than the token. Center anchoring is because of the wonky behavior of the corner anchors.

I have similar graphics for active and targeted so my players stop attacking themselves.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    I have similar graphics for active and targeted so my players stop attacking themselves.
    I'm all for letting my players attack themselves, and each other You know, the chaos of combat and all!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information