DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Do Players have access to the Token Selection Tool?

As DM I can access the Token Selection Tool, but when my players right-clicked on an image they couldn't. We're looking for a way they can select multiple tokens -- e.g., targeting for a fireball or something.

The Wiki says, "Token Selection Tool: Use the token selection tool to select a group of tokens. The token selection tool can be activated via the Image window toolbar or by right clicking on the image and selecting the Selection Modes->Token Selection Mode. Click and drag the box around the tokens to select. SHIFT-click and drag to drag a freehand region around the tokens to select." but doesn't specify it's GM only.

A follow on... do players also have access to the Image window toolbar? Again, they tried to unlock the image to access the toolbar but couldn't. I'm guessing the answer to both is a setting I, the GM, have to change, but unsure.

My thanks!

Blog Entries
    CTRL left click is how Ido it. Never used the token selection tool :0

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

When I was playing in a game from one of the GM‘s in our gaming group, I remember it is possible for players to e.g. select all adventurers at once, e.g. for healing by clicking on the icons on the top of the map. I‘m sure others can describe it better.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Targas View Post
    When I was playing in a game from one of the GM‘s in our gaming group, I remember it is possible for players to e.g. select all adventurers at once, e.g. for healing by clicking on the icons on the top of the map. I‘m sure others can describe it better.
    Oh, yea, you can click the green/yellow/red helmets to select all ally/neutral/enemies.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Oh, yea, you can click the green/yellow/red helmets to select all ally/neutral/enemies.
    Thanks. I was hoping they would have access to the selection tool, but that’ll work in a pinch then they can deselect the ones they don’t want (out of range, etc.) with CTRL-left click.

The players can access the token selection tools, but the GM must unlock the image for the players to see it. Without unlocking the image, the players can click on the first token, then Shift-Click on the next, and Shift-Click on the next, and so on.

As Andraax says, the players will only get the "Selection Mode" button (3x3 square dots, usually in the top left) if the toolbar is visible. It isn't available to players via the right-click menu, only the toolbar. This will only be visible to the players if the GM also has the toolbar visible visible (unlocked the image).

Also, the Selection Mode button will only allow players to select creatures tagged as Friendly on the combat tracker - they can't select any other tokens, manually or with multi-select.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The selection tool in general is poorly implemented, it's more of a GM tool given players can't "select" enemy tokens as they're meant only to target them.

The visual indicator is also pretty bad as it's a backing graphic vs one that actually surrounds the token.

I use a work-around, but tbh I hope Jen puts the UI in order. I'd grab a bag of popcorn though and see how to she gets lost in a tangle of lua/xml though

Thanks for the clarification on how this works. I appreciate the help with these questions!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    The visual indicator is also pretty bad as it's a backing graphic vs one that actually surrounds the token. I use a work-around, but tbh I hope Jen puts the UI in order. I'd grab a bag of popcorn though and see how to she gets lost in a tangle of lua/xml though
    The token selection indicator is engine-side, so that would be me. I've improved the selection display for FGU, but it is still problematic for square tokens. I like what you've done in the example. It is worth exploring.

Thread Information