FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Davinci, it is kind of an expensive option, but you can do it with a Mac if you use Parallels virtual machine and buy a cheap Windows license of one version or another. You don't need wine, and you can do anything you can do on a PC. That is how I run FG on my Mac.(and my port forwarding works just fine even tunneling through to the VM)

I’ve actually had a bootcamp in the past. Running a partitioned windows on my Mac. I have used parallels before but don’t like it. It didn’t seem to do anything different than what the wine did and was just more of a hassle for me trying to find files in the windows environment. Thanks for the suggestion though. Things are working fine how I have it set up. Just waiting for FGU and Syrinscape to add their features.

Quote Originally Posted by Davinci522 View Post
    For sometime now FG has been switching to the background at random times. I will be trying to input data and suddenly here error beeps cause FG isn't my prominent window anymore.
    When this happens, what is the prominent window in your Mac desktop? Is it something that is pushing the same window to the front - a notification, alert, etc.?

Does it only happen when you're typing? If so, maybe it is some key combination that is sending the window to the back - maybe try to keep an eye on it and see if there is something repeatable that does it.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    When this happens, what is the prominent window in your Mac desktop? Is it something that is pushing the same window to the front - a notification, alert, etc.?

Does it only happen when you're typing? If so, maybe it is some key combination that is sending the window to the back - maybe try to keep an eye on it and see if there is something repeatable that does it.
    The prominent window is FG. It happens when I just sit there and do nothing. I can just open FG and sit back a few seconds and the curser will go from the FG curser to a normal one (the only way I know FG isn’t my selected window anymore). So far it has just been every few minutes.

When you first open FG, click the "Settings" button on the main launch screen and select "Cross-platform compatibility mode for Linux and Mac" and see if that makes a difference.

Otherwise, it will probably be something to do with the Wine settings...

EDIT: You may want to do some Internet searches for things like "mac wine loses focus" and see if anything comes up.

For example, I don't know if this might help? https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5470393
    Last edited by Trenloe; October 22nd, 2018 at 14:21.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    When you first open FG, click the "Settings" button on the main launch screen and select "Cross-platform compatibility mode for Linux and Mac" and see if that makes a difference.

Otherwise, it will probably be something to do with the Wine settings...

EDIT: You may want to do some Internet searches for things like "mac wine loses focus" and see if anything comes up.

For example, I don't know if this might help? https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5470393
    I checked the box and it didn't do anything noticeable. I did run the script from the site you sent. It gave me the result of "Location Menu". I'm not sure what that is but the only thing dealing with locations on a mac is Location Services. I turned it off and it seems to be working. I will keep messing with it and see if it is truly fixed.

I checked the box and it didn't do anything noticeable.
    I didn't think it would have, as it forces a more frequent screen redraw of the FG app inside wine, but it's a quick thing to check. If you're not having redraw issues with FG, it's best to disable it as it does result in a little higher CPU use.

I did run the script from the site you sent. It gave me the result of "Location Menu". I'm not sure what that is but the only thing dealing with locations on a mac is Location Services. I turned it off and it seems to be working. I will keep messing with it and see if it is truly fixed.
    Glad you've tracked it down. It may be the location icon appearing/updating that is causing the issue and just disabling that icon might help (without disabling Location Services as a whole - which you might want to use). Some info here: https://osxdaily.com/2016/01/22/show...-bar-mac-os-x/

The issue is that syrinscape works if you use parallels. I wouldn’t hold my breath on syrinscape working in Mac. They have been dorquing the dog forever on getting it working with mac

Thread Information