DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Tables Assistance

Good day!

Making some random encounters for a module. The random encounter calls for 1d8 wagons, with each wagon having 1d6 guards and 1d3 merchants. How can I do this in Fantasy Grounds. Also, is it possible for let's say for instance, for each merchant to have 5d10 gold pieces for loot? If so, how to do this?

Thanks,

GB
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

Sort of. You can't combine an encounter and a parcel output; you can only have one or the other so the gold would need to be a separate table. See graphic for one possible way to do it. This is also something that could be done with a template although not so elegantly since you would need to separate out the three elements (Wagons, Guards and Merchants) and since you can't pass a variable to a table you would not be able to guarantee the numbers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu View Post
    Also, is it possible for let's say for instance, for each merchant to have 5d10 gold pieces for loot? If so, how to do this?

Thanks,

GB
    I think this sort of things was just recent discusse4d on All Things Fantasy Grounds talk show within the past month or so.

I am not sure how Rob2e does his random NPC generator in FG, but there is plenty of tables that goes form one thing to the next. Maybe they could help you figure out the process if the show does not cover it completely.

Best I can think of is include a link to a table or dice macro in each of the "wagons" that moves to the next /rollon table or macro and so on.

so it would be table-ception like this...

You roll for wagons, of which you know there will be at least 1.

You make that wagon and have it have to table or macro inside its description to roll for guards.

also have another table in each wagon for merchants

now each guard you would have set up so you can alter them if they have different stats, items, etc.
    then each merchant, and since you know again you will have at least 1 then you put its "gold roll" in the description to call another table or macro via a link. to see how much each one has.

That is my best understanding of what Rob2e and/or Gwydion created for that random NPC generator. links to /rollon tables everywhere...

now getting the probability spread for 5d10 gold pieces properly distributed in your "gold table" would be the tricksy part.

5 only occurs 1 time
    50 only occurs 1 time
    and the rest i would have to locate where i put SmallRoller program that will show the probability distribution for, unless you can find it faster to populate the gold table.

looking for the program now, and will edit if someone else hasnt given the distribution table prior to my return to this thread.

EDIT: oh boy!

https://rumkin.com/reference/dnd/diestats.php enter 5d10 in the provided box...

Frequencies:
    5: 1
    6: 5
    ~~~
    27: 6000
    28: 6000
    ~~~
    49: 5
    50: 1

BIG table if you do it that way...
    Last edited by shadzar; October 21st, 2018 at 20:38. Reason: add probabiltiy frequency link

Personally, I would just add a note for special random encounter cases like this; and then just type in “/die 15d10 gp“ for 3 wagons (as an example), then drag to party sheet treasure area. You can still have a random encounter OR a random treasure table; but you wouldn’t be able to link them without writing an extension mod.

Sometimes, you should do what is the quickest; instead of worrying too much about automating everything.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information