DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LFG D&D 5E. Any class.

Hello! I am looking for either one-shot or a regular gaming group for either Friday evenings, or Saturday and Sunday afternoons/evenings. I am open to any style or emphasis or game (RP/Combat/Problem Solving, etc.). My time zone is Hawaii. I have been playing RPGs and Board Games for a while and like all kinds of games and genres.
    My favorites have been Rolemaster, D&D, Call of Cthulhu, Chill, and the World of Darkness games. I also played World of Darkness MUSHes when they were a thing some years ago (text-based only Roleplaying). I am looking more for role-playing, character interaction, some good combat, and a nice balance of things. I am not focused on building a "power" character at all. I would bring to the Virtual Table my humor, best roleplaying voices or messages if text-based, and a zeal for the fantasy gaming genre. one shot games or long-term campaigns are fine with me.
    Last edited by shade808; October 22nd, 2018 at 00:25.

Hi Forestwanderer, I've just come across Fantasy Grounds after I started to look at D&D again after almost 40 years (5th Edition). I've been getting back up to speed with the rules and modifications and I'm now itching to get back into a proper campaign and start playing again. Happy to try a one shot to see how it goes, even if it's only with a couple of people, I haven't even bought the standard licence yet but I will (literally just opened this website now). So I am a noob on here but have some experience in the game and generally know most of the mechanics. I'm probably not DM / GM material just yet, but I want to get started in this new way of playing. I'm 51 and live just outside London so GMT is my timezone. I'm very savvy with IT applications so I won't have trouble learning all the functions of FG. Like I said, happy to start a trial campaign even if it's just with you or 1 or 2 others. Let me know

John

Hi John! Welcome back to D&D and for finding FG. I'm also new to FG myself and spent a little time going over the Basic ruleset for 5E to create a character. I currently have a 1st level wizard made, but can make anything that would fit the adventure better. My time zone is actually Hawaii, so I believe I am 11 hours behind you. I am interested in a one shot adventure to see how it goes. Although I had DM'd some games before, I usually like the player role. DMing is some hard business, and it looks like there are far more players than there are DMs here. Let me know and we can set something up. Thanks.

Good morning, or probably good evening to you. Yep it looks like we are 11 hours apart. I was chatting to someone else from the UK yesterday and he was looking for a group, perhaps we could get together. His name is TheSpartan, I could message him and get him involved as well. I want exactly the same as you by the sound of it, a first level beginners adventure that we can all muddle through without any pressure, I do worry that really experienced players would just get fed up. I am definitely more interested in playing rather than DMing but if we get a nice understanding group together we could each have a go at being DM. I think a one shot trial run would be a very good idea. Let me know and I'll ping ThePSartan a message and copy you in. Off to work now

John

I think the time difference will be the killer for me, as I can only play Monday's or Wednesday.

Hi John and Spartan! Good to hear from you both. My times during the week and weekend are relatively flexible, but I would be able to play after 5pm Hawaii time during the week, and open to nearly any time on the weekends. Spartan, let me know what times are good for either Mondays or Wednesdays and lets see if we could make it work. I know, the time difference would make it a bit tricky.

Hi,
    I am a new player to D&D and FG. I started to play with a few people locally but I really wanted to try it online also. Like I said I am new to D&D but I am a quick learner. My Time Zone is in Japan (GMT+9). If we could find a time for all of us I would like to join you guys if you would have me.

Time zone converter tells me that 1800 in the UK is 0800 in Hawaii and I can only play Monday and Wednesday. I'll bow out of this one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordBooo View Post
    My Time Zone is in Japan (GMT+9).
    I was thinking about starting up a Savage Worlds game but I think that would be a 14 hour time difference (14 hour ahead of mine) so not sure it could be made to fit. If there was enough interest I might be convinced to do an every other week D&D 5e game though.
    Last edited by GunnarGreybeard; October 25th, 2018 at 00:36. Reason: edited for grammar
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

I think time differences are the killer here. Hawaii is 11 hours behind GMT and Japan is 9 hours ahead.

Thread Information