DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Undesired class feature (5E xml module development)

Hello everyone,

I am creating a module from scratch and am having trouble with the classdata < warlock, specifically the 3rd level Pact Boon Feature. When I drag and drop the warlock class specifically from the module source in FG, I am getting the wrong feature window. I'll explain the image below:

The upper screenshot is what I am looking at right now. When I repeatedly drag and drop the warlock class from my loaded module, it populates window "1" into the features tab. Window 2 is the link to the specific module's Warlock class data (labeled in the lower image as "Desired Module"). The warlock classdata element is uniquely named and certainly does not conflict with other modules that are loaded.

The lower image displays the window that opens when I click the Pact Boon link from the Features tab (Not the one I want). When I click on the Pact Boon link from the class window that opens in window 2, the desired feature (Window 4) is what comes up. Why isn't window 4 populating into the character sheet? Lastly (sorry if this is confusing) why does the Xanthar's Eldritch Invocations feature populate? I only want the class features available to this module to populate each time I drag that specific modules class link into the character sheet. What am I doing wrong?

warlockhelpaid.png

Update: The same thing is now happening with the Ranger's Favored Enemy feature. Similar to the warlock Pact boon, Favored enemy populates from two different feature windows, one labeled Favored Enemy (undesired) and the other as Favored Enemey [ ] (Desired). I scoured the module's xml code several times and I have no idea where the unintended feature is coming from. All other classes test perfect and only populate features (and specialization features) from the intended source. It's just these two classes.
    Last edited by SailorLovins; October 20th, 2018 at 18:44.

Where does the 'desired' one - number 4 on your graphic come from? The correct one that should open is the one marked 1 on your graphic - that's the one in the PHB or in Xanathar.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

This is the tag as it appears in the Classdata < EMwarlock < Text < Features < Listlink

<link class="reference_classfeature" recordname="reference.classdata.EMwarlock.features .empactboon">Pact Boon</link>

It points to this class feature element located in the classdata < EMwarlock < features

<empactboon>
    <name type="string">Pact Boon [ ]</name>
    <level type="number">3</level>
    <text type="formattedtext">
    <p>At 3rd level, your otherworldly patron bestows a gift upon you for your loyal service. You gain one of the following features of your choice.</p>
    <link class="reference_classfeature" recordname="reference.classdata.EMwarlock.features .pactofthechain">Pact of the Chain</link>
    <link class="reference_classfeature" recordname="reference.classdata.EMwarlock.features .pactoftheblade">Pact of the Blade</link>
    <link class="reference_classfeature" recordname="reference.classdata.EMwarlock.features .pactofthering">Pact of the Ring</link>
    <link class="reference_classfeature" recordname="reference.classdata.EMwarlock.features .pactofthetome">Pact of the Tome</link>
    </text>
    </empactboon>

Ok, so I'm to understand this is a class you have created in FG?

If so then I don't think you will be able to integrate the class features with the existing classes in the PHB or Xanathar. You'll only be able to use the class for character creation and get the options you desire if you close all other modules where the class can be found.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I created it in notepad++ using information from the 5E Assets module and the Unearthed Arcana.mod file extracted into notepad++. Hmm I wonder if I were to drag and drop the same two classes from the UA module, whos features are similar (albeit somewhat differing descriptions). Time to find out. I'll update in a sec.

Interesting...maybe this is some sort of a bug? I made a fresh character, dropped the Ranger class link from the Unearthed Arcana module, and now I have 3 different Favored Enemy features from three difference sources. I then unloaded the PHB (keeping only the Unearthed Arcana module and my in development module loaded) and again made a fresh ranger. The result is an Entry from one source (assuming the UA module) and the other from mine. But I wonder why it is placing a link that isn't in the class source into the features.

Thread Information