DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Fudge (not Fate) Ruleset?

I'm looking to run a Fudge game and would love to have a Fudge ruleset, but I can't seem to find one. Does one exist, or should I start with Fate and do some surgery?

Start with the CoreRPG or MoreCore rulesets. The Fate/Fudge dice are available in the core engine.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Fudge is the precursor of Fate. It uses the same die mechanic. Add the Fudge/Fate dice result, rolling 4 dice, on to the skill and compare against the target level. There are more skills in Fudge games (e.g. Deryni Adventures and the upcoming Princess Bride game) than in Fate. The stress tracks work the same but with specific wound levels and roll penalties. The aspects and stunts were Fate additions, though there are traits or abilities in Fudge.

Actually, I think I'm changing my mind and an extension of the Fate ruleset may be the way to go if designing a character sheet to use.

@BradYounie what is the game you want to run?

Quote Originally Posted by Valarian View Post
    Fudge is the precursor of Fate. It uses the same die mechanic. Add the Fudge/Fate dice result, rolling 4 dice, on to the skill and compare against the target level. There are more skills in Fudge games (e.g. Deryni Adventures and the upcoming Princess Bride game) than in Fate. The stress tracks work the same but with specific wound levels and roll penalties. The aspects and stunts were Fate additions, though there are traits or abilities in Fudge.

Actually, I think I'm changing my mind and an extension of the Fate ruleset may be the way to go if designing a character sheet to use.

@BradYounie what is the game you want to run?
    I'll play around with the Fate one and see what I can do with it

I wrote and published The Unexplained, a Fridge game by my company Carnivore Games. I was thinking of using FG to run a game with it.

Sounds like Fate should work. If not, CoreRPG should do

There's a blank skills extension, which will clear the default Fate Core skills and allow you to just add your own. See my signature or the wiki for sample extensions.

Thread Information