5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Thread: FAQ Question

FAQ Question

Good Evening FG Devs and Users,

My name is Kevin. I just found your site by a recommendation by my group that is trying to put together a digital campaign. I, being the one that will probably be the face of the group, was reading different things about your software. One of the questions that came up which has made me hesitate in buying a one-month subscription of Ultimate is the wording of one sentence in your FAQ.

I am interpreting it as, "You were warned that you'd lose immediate access to your account, should you cancel". However, I want to ensure that I am reading that correctly.

Under the question "What is different between a subscription and a non-subscription license?", paragraph two, sentences one and two read, "As soon as you cancel your subscription through Paypal (see that section), our server will be notified of the cancellation and will deactivate your account. You will lose all Ultimate license functionality and the ability to re-install or update using that key."

Does this mean that if I buy a one-month subscription and cancel immediately, that I will not be able to benefit from my purchase because I cancelled to ensure that I did not get billed repeatedly?

Welcome to the forums and the FG Community!

Yes, because of the way Paypal handles the subscriptions they send an immediate notice to Smiteworks severs that the sub is canceled. I would set a reminder in your phone to cancel in 24 days, or buy a license and if you aren't satisfied there is a no questions asked 30-day refund, you just have to email [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Welcome to the forums and the FG Community!

Yes, because of the way Paypal handles the subscriptions they send an immediate notice to Smiteworks severs that the sub is canceled. I would set a reminder in your phone to cancel in 24 days, or buy a license and if you aren't satisfied there is a no questions asked 30-day refund, you just have to email [email protected]
    These were redeeming factors in considering this software. I was just curious as to how a company could handle a subscription and immediately revoke the usage of the subscription should someone close the subscription payment within the window.

My thoughts were incorrect, thinking that it was FG's servers that handle the subscription and not PayPal's. I sincerely appreciate the clarification, Nylanfs.

If things go well with my subscription, my group is debating on chipping in on a purchase of the lifetime license so that we could all play with all features that are included in the Ultimate license.

Thank you for your time, Nylanfs!

-Kevin

Edit: Showing what the redeeming factors I highlighted originally were, considering I italicized that which was already italicized.

Blog Entries
    Hola KamikazeCoPilot

Additionally if you take out a sub accidentally renew at the end of the month an email to support will get you sorted.

Yeah, if you end up getting a second charge because you missed your reminder, send us a note at [email protected]; and we'll get you squared away.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information