Starfinder Playlist
    Where the north begins and pure water flows, eastern time zone USA
    Blog Entries

The End of My First Campaign

Hi all,

Wasn't sure exactly where to put this, but figured this would work.

Just before FG-Con we played the final session in the Noir Knights campaign I started last February. It took the players from Heroic level to just a few advances short of demi-gods, and for me it was a valuable learning experience. As the title denotes, this was the first campaign I had ever run, and I want to thank all of the players who joined. Whether you played the entire campaign, or joined for a few sessions and moved on (the campaign was designed for rotating players) your support and participation were deeply appreciated. I learned from each and every one of you, whether it was how to integrate the background of the longest term players into the storyline, or how to ease out leaving characters and integrate new ones your contributions were valuable to me.

I also want to thank the team at Savage Mojo for their encouragement to even attempting a campaign, for original art work to enhance the immersion, or tips on how to develop the story line using player speculations, building appropriate encounters, or how to integrate the latest threat to the realms within the Maelstrom into this realm, this campaign, your support made a difference for me as a GM and as a person. Thank you.

Your patience with any mistakes I made was appreciated, and your understanding when I got rocked with a major personal loss midway through that upset the tenor somewhat, I will be eternally grateful for.

I hope to pick this up with a shorter story arc for those who wanted to continue with the characters they played here to move them up through demi-gods, but I don't expect this will happen before the New Year.

Last I want to thank this community and Smiteworks for having created the tools and materials that made such a thing possible at all. It is no secret I didn't find RPG's until near retirement, and without Fantasy Grounds I likely would never have got involved in gaming at all. It has proven valuable to someone like me, who due to a lifetime medical condition have always found getting involved in social activities difficult. You opened up a world to people like myself we may never have found that can benefit so many individuals for so many reasons.

So, thanks everyone, you may never know the difference you have made, but it is appreciated none the less.

Ellspeth

Congrats El - I'm sorry I missed the ride, it sounds like it was a great time.

Nice one.
    Did you have any feelings of sadness when it ended?
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

You did really well, Ellspeth. The players clearly had a great time. Any time you feel like running another game, I'm sure there will be plenty of people wanting to be your players!
    -MMK
    Publisher, Savage Mojo

Ellspeth great job my friend. Save me a spot on the next one! :P

Where the north begins and pure water flows, eastern time zone USA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maasq View Post
    Nice one.
    Did you have any feelings of sadness when it ended?
    Thanks, and I didn't feel particularly sad, perhaps it is because I come from theater disciplines. Shows have their run, shut down, you and your cast go on to the next show, sometimes together, sometimes not.
    I also had two FG-Con games to prep for, some module building projects to keep me busy, and the knowledge that this campaign will pick up again. Last few sessions were heavily seeded with hints of what is to come, some of the players will be back then, to see what is on the other side of that portal they formed during their rescue of their Task Force Coordinator and her young charge.

Just needed some time, since this was truly the first actual campaign I ran to look over what I had learned, what I can do better, and where the story goes next before I go on with it further. Especially since once they reach demi-gods they are going to be even harder to kill.

Thread Information