FG Spreadshirt Swag

Is there a way to use the digital copy and not buy it off Fg??

We already have mot of the books and would like to not have too buy them again from Fantasy ground,so is there away to convert them to use be able to use them??

You can convert anything manually. But it's probably not worth the time. Cheaper to buy it again unless you have unlimited time.

You get the SRD and Bsic Rules in library module format with your FG license. This has a lot of the info you’d need to get started, but it doesn’t have everything in the PHB, MM and DMG (very little from the latter). As Temmpest mentions, you can enter a lot of the additional information you might need manually.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yerr I was hoping to not spend a few days manually entering everything in and then testing it all but thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by VerLeaf View Post
    Yerr I was hoping to not spend a few days manually entering everything in and then testing it all but thank you.
    If you’re really looking at that amount of data, then it’s probably best to get the relevant products. But only you can make a decision how valuable your time is.

Sure, it’s annoying having to buy something that you’ve bought somewhere else. As some background info - some of the funds from FG product purchases go to the freelance individuals that spend many, many hours converting products from their original published format into Fantasy Grounds. This can be 100 hours or more for some products. Purchasing FG products doesn’t just give more money to the original publisher, but it also gives funds to help keep Fantasy Grounds going and enables them to get more licenses for other products, and supports community freelance developers. I don’t know if that might help reduce the annoyance of purchasing products again in FG or not.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by VerLeaf View Post
    As Trenloe says, the SRD is included. If I remember right, that gives you all the PHB races (and 1 subrace for those that have them), all the classes (+1 archetype each), and a bunch of monsters. There's also some maps in the FG Battle Maps module.

You really don't need to spend the time adding Gloomstalkers, or Bladesingers in there to test the characters, or Beholders and Illithids for the monsters.

The other alternative is to test from a players perspective, download the demo version of FG and try and get in on a game where the DM has an Ultimate license. Joining the FG AL Discord server (https://discord.gg/fqngzgc) will help with that.

Also, you don't need to enter everything at once. Just enter what you need for the next game session, then enter anything you need for the following session between those two, and so on.

There is a saying that goes time is money, you can save you money and do it your self or save your time and buy the product someone else has already spent the time converting.

Thread Information