DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Understanding Features & Playing Iron Kingdoms

I hope this is the place to ask.

I have used roll20, its nice, very basic, glitchy but gets the job done as needed. But were looking for something else.

All we use it for is an online map, to see and move our tokens, visualize AOE, line of sight, etc. I use generic tokens I created here: https://rolladvantage.com/tokenstamp/

FG doesn't need to do any more than that to be honest. The real reason we've remained in R20 is the mass amount of artwork floating about that we can grab and use quickly.

I see there is a 30 day money back, but I think my questions can be answered here:

• Can I make external tokens and maps to upload to FG? Will it share them with players?
    • Can I draw on tokens and maps, or even draw my maps, in FG?
    • Does FG have a repository for graphics, is it paid, free, etc?
    • Does FG have a visual measuring tool for distance?
    • Can I choose between hex/square and size? (We play Iron Kingdoms 1sq=6')
    • Does everyone need to pay for a license (in R20 I pay, and they join on free)?
    • R20 has had poor sound/video for communication, so we use Discord. Is FG any better?

Finally, does anyone else use this for Iron Kingdoms (d6) and if so, how well does it mesh?

Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Welcome

Yes you can make tokens and maps and upload to FG. That is pretty much the default assumption unless you are using pre-prepared material (like purchased DLC)

You can not draw on tokens, but you can draw on maps, BUT, the draw tools are very basic. Usually it's better to use Paint/Gimp to edit the image file and re-load it. But, you can draw with some basic tools. Note, FG does have some good pointers (line/arrow, circle, square, cone) that can quickly be used for AoE.

Repository for graphics...? You can use any image you want from where ever. You will find lots of maps shared here on the forums, and well as some map and token modules you can buy through the store. Do you have something else in mind?

The line pointer measures distances, assuming you have applied an FG Grid to the image/map. Also if you have applied the grid then you can also get a semi-automatic distance between tokens.

You can use hex and square grids. Squares assume 5 ft. Not sure if that can be changed, though if their is an IK ruleset then it's probably already been done. Would have to check the wiki or search thte forums to discover if their is a IK ruleset.

Two classes of license; standard which everyone would need to have, or ultimate that only the GM needs to buy. Both also come in one-time or subscription.

FG has no built in sound/video. Their is a community Teamspeak server you can use for free, or stick with Discord.

Will have to let someone else answer the IK question

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information