OK, so I've done some extensive testing and can find no errors at all. This leads me to the conclusion that there is something incorrect about the set-up/usage between the GM's and the Player's computers. In an effort to resolve this issue I have outlined the complete set-up and testing methodology I used to confirm everything works correctly.

On The GM's Widows Computer
=======================
  1. Load Syrinscape (v1.3.7-20180815 - Sci-Fi Player)
  2. TEST 1 - Test that the GM can hear a Sound (any sound will do - I used the "Wilhelm Scream" from the "Alien Cantina" Sci-Fi Soundset).
  3. If Test 1 works, load Fantasy Grounds with your chosen Ruleset with the DOE:Base and DOE:Sound - I used my main Desktop PC with an Ultimate License of the latest version of FG (v3.3.6a) with the CoreRPG with the DOE:Base (v3.2.1) and the DOE:Sound (v4.2.1).
  4. Confirm that Sound is turned *ON* in the FG Settings.
  5. Test 2 - Open a Soundlink Record in Fantasy Grounds and Click on the Purple SoundLink Icon (Purple Box with a White Treble Clef).
  6. If Test 2 works then turn *OFF* Sounds in the FG Settings and close Syrinscape - during an actual game you can leave Syrinscape loaded and Sounds *ON* if the GM wants to hear the Sounds - it makes no difference to this tests.

On The Player's Windows Computer
==========================
  1. Follow Steps 1-5 of the GM's Set-up and Tests listed above, substituting "Player" for "GM".
  2. If Test 1 & 2 works on the Player's PC close Fantasy Grounds completely.
  3. Load Fantasy Grounds and *Join* the GM's game/host (For this test I used my Laptop with a Free License and v3.3.6a of Fantasy Grounds).
  4. Confirm that Sound is turned *ON* in the FG Settings.

Final Confirmation
=============
If Tests 1 & 2 on both the GM's PC and the Player's PC have all worked (that's 4 tests in total, 2 on each PC), and both the GM's PC and the Player's PC are set up as outlined above (respectively), then the following Test should work:

TEST 3
The GM clicks on the same Purple SoundLink Icon as he did in Test 2. The GM will *NOT* hear any sound (unless he did *NOT* shutdown Syrinscape and did *NOT* turn *OFF* Sounds in the FG Options as instructed in Step 6).
The Player should hear the sound.

So, try all that and let us know how you go

Cheers