STAR TREK 2d20

Does purchased modules come with written rules?

If I purchase a module for Fantasy Grounds, do I get the book/pdf? Or it it just database unlocks that are received?

(Answered below - Thanks!)
    Last edited by Lypse; October 17th, 2018 at 20:56.

You do not get a book or PDF with a purchase through FG store. The content you receive is in a format only viewable through the FG program for copy right reason.

edit: as Talyn mentioned - It would state in the product IF a PDF option would be available in the purchase - an probably more so in the DMsGuild or non FG store.
    Last edited by Halfront; October 17th, 2018 at 20:47.

Blog Entries
    Not usually. You're purchasing DLC which will download (hence the "D") to your computer. I've only seen a few DLC ever that came with a PDF, and those specifically stated in the store description that a PDF was included. Since you're posting in the 5E forum just be advised Wizards of the Coast does not produce PDFs of any of their core books or campaigns. Other than the D&D Basic Rules PDFs, they pretty much only sanction PDFs for Adventure League or DMs Guild content.

Most of the products in the FG store do not come with anything outside of the Fantasy Grounds module. The main exception to this is official Paizo products (Pathfinder and Starfinder) - where you sync your purchases with Paizo.com and either get a PDF on Paizo.com as part of your FG purchase, or if you already have the PDF in Paizo.com you get your FG purchase reduced by the cost of that PDF.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the quick response and detailed answer's everyone

I do find that pretty much all the information is presented just in a story format. Once you get used to reading that you have all the same stuff but ready to play as well.

Thread Information