5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Old School D&D?

I am going to guess that he is here only because he has been voted off every other islan he was ever on

Blog Entries
    As a special request from an active forums member, can we not pile onto erroneous posts or the user like the one in this thread? We have a capable moderation staff and the Smiteworks team is relentlessly friendly even to posters like this. If we all pile on, the thread count expands and it just gives fuel to the "fan boy" claims fire.

Just let the mods handle it.

The fact that Doug was able to convince WoTC to allow VTT licensing shows the benefit of the very friendly and professional default mode they operate in.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

You truly are a saint myrdin as your moniker suggests. You are right of course

Quote Originally Posted by Xoan View Post
    Lets say I want to play one the older versions of D&D like BX or BECMI? How is that done really?

I am sure I could input data on paper and use this platform as a way to visualize the play, but it would not be the same. I also know that most people don't even know what the early editions were even called so there may not be a product for them.
    What Trenloe said is really spot on. You should have clear sailing all the way through to the I in BECMI. Then you might have a challenge, it is significantly different from other D&D flavors.

Hopefully you're comfortable enough with the system that you can handle it. And the people here will help if you're not, so you should be covered either way.

Well thanks for all of the response. I am probably going to do a few of those things. I hope to be posting more here as I get into this side of things more.

Thread Information