DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Considering returning to Fantasy Grounds

I had a limited license a number of years ago when I started to get back into gaming. Finding time for face to face play hasn't worked out.

I have three questions I hope you all can help with.

1. Is it possible for FG to help you find your old license? (I think I last used it two computers ago)

2. Has the connection issues mostly been resolved? (It seemed I used to spend more time trying to get everyone into the game than actually playing)

3. How hard it is to find an active group to either play or DM? (I've got a busy job, crappy commute and a family to attend to; I really don't want to have to spend x amount of hours a week trying to find someone to play with)

Thanks

Saxinis

1 - If you still have the email address you bought FG with then email: [email protected]

2 - I have not had any connection issue so far

3 - I have been able to find groups or session fairly easily

Hi and welcome back.

You should find your license key if you log into the store and go to your account and click on store and then view purchase history. Click on the date of purchase to see your license key

FG still requires port 1802 open but whether you have connection issues or not will depend on a number of factors not least what type of connection you have and whether you are on an IPv4 or IPv6 network.

Finding a game also depends on a host of factors including your time zone and availability and the game system you want to play. Finding players as a DM is possibly easier than finding a game as a player.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Welcome back! Seeing as how this is your first post you will probably need to talk to Doug at [email protected] to retrieve your old account into and your license assuming you got it here on the website.

If you bought them at GenCon in 2008 like I did you might be SOL because we got stickers with the numbers on them.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxinis View Post
    2. Has the connection issues mostly been resolved? (It seemed I used to spend more time trying to get everyone into the game than actually playing)
    I have terrible connection issues unless I use a VPN. I use Purevpn with a dedicated IP and that solves the issues but does add a non-trivial cost. With the VPN running everyone hops in instantly. Often I leave the game up during work hours so people can modify their characters or update game notes, etc.

1. Is it possible for FG to help you find your old license?
    I've never had an issue with licensing...

I've never had any real connection issues using Fantasy Grounds... and my machine is bare-bones and my internet connection isn't that fast...

3. How hard it is to find an active group to either play or DM? (I've got a busy job, crappy commute and a family to attend to; I really don't want to have to spend x amount of hours a week trying to find someone to play with)
    I find it's easy to people looking to play, coordinating game times seems to be a continuing challenge... in my humble experience
    Actively interested in joining new groups!
    Actively interested learning to DM in FG!
    Available to play: M-F evenings, Sa/Su all day!
    6pm-midnight MST, Sa/Su- 9am-midnight!
    Voice Acting/RPG enthusiast

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxinis View Post
    We always could use more DMs and if you go that route you will likely find players pretty quickly. Looking for a group to join, that presents more of a challenge, mostly because groups tend to fill up fast and as already mentioned, there is the issue of coordinating compatible times to get everyone together.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

#1 I have no idea

#2 I am fairly new to Fantasy grounds ( less than a year ) but have never seen a connection issue

#3 I used the "Looking for Group" area of this forum, and by specifying the kind of players I was looking for ( old school - not min-maxers - people that will role-play to at least some degree - prefer older players ) and ended up with a group that has stuck together for more than one campaign....now consider each of them friends. Granted as a DM it was probably easier for me as has been mentioned above

Blog Entries
    I can run Fantasy Grounds with no real issues while in China using PureVPN and my phone on 3G using international roaming. Since I travel a lot and often DM on my laptop, a VPN is not an option (hotels and via cell phone where needed). I ran the climatic end of PoTA in the United Airlines lounge in Hong Kong airport while on the airport public internet (VPN also) and it worked well.

At hone, I just port forward my router. Worked from day 1 with no issues. As you can see by posts in House of Healing, that depends on who your ISP is and how you get to the internet, but there are free solutions to issues.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Thread Information