STAR TREK 2d20

Creating an NPC from a read only NPC?

I have the Monster Manual, and I want to create a new monster that is almost identical to lets say Troll.

The Troll from the MM is read only and can't be edited. I've looked at the wiki and various other places but cannot seem to find any way I can make a new, editable NPC from a read only file other than manually retyping all the information. Is there a way to do it that I missed, or can it just not be done?

In the NPC campaign data list (button on the right sidebar), drag/drop the link for the NPC you want to copy and drop it into the same area - i.e. drag/drop the link just a couple of pixels. This will create an exact, but editable, copy of the NPC.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi,

Welcome to the forums.

I suggest you have a look at this recent youtube video from Rob2e - he covers all the steps in making a module. Included is making NPC's and Items by the process that Trenloe suggested. Rob did a great job on this one!

Fantasy Grounds Module Making Beginning to End

Thread Information