STAR TREK 2d20

Server test fail.

Ok so I have been trying to get a success on the server test for like two months now.
    i have opened port 1802 for both my internal and external ip, both separately and at the same time. As well as making sure it was also open in my fire wall and antivirus. When I use sites to see if the port is open they say that it is blocked.
    Plz help
    Last edited by kaser; October 16th, 2018 at 21:07.

HI kaser, welcome to FG.

Make sure that your network is also set to private and not public.

Can you post a screenshot of a tracert 8.8.8.8 so we can see whether you have more than one router/modem between you and the internet or if your IP address is being shared.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

what brand of router do you have? all i had to do is open the port 1802 internal and external then link it to my internal ip address 192.168.1.###
    it also helps to make your server a static ip

Quote Originally Posted by kaser View Post
    Capture.PNG hope this helps
    Thanks for that - yes it does help.

The second IP address in that list (192.168.90.1) is a private IP address. Do you have another router/modem in your setup? Can you access 192.168.90.1 in a web browser and see what device it is?

Basically, as there are 2 devices in your network architecture with private IP addresses, you will need to port forward TCP port 1802 on 192.168.90.1 to the first network device 192.168.8.1 - but this will probably also have a 192.168.90.XX IP address as it has 2 network interfaces - one for communication with 192.168.90.1 and one network interface for communicating with 192.168.8.XX devices. Then, port forward TCP port 1802 on 192.168.8.1 to your GM computer.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Not sure what that IP is and I'm not the best at computers. My room mate set up the router and works for our internet provider so he might be able to tell me what it is when he gets off.

Roommate.... Hmm I will guess you may be behind an apartment or dorm router you cannot even access

No we live in a house. We should be able to get to it I'm just not sure what it is

k so i talked to my roommate he isn't sure what it is do you know how i could find this device, and if not is there a way for me to open a port in it from my pc.

Quote Originally Posted by kaser View Post
    k so i talked to my roommate he isn't sure what it is do you know how i could find this device, and if not is there a way for me to open a port in it from my pc.
    First step - open a web browser and enter 192.168.90.1 in the address - see if you connect to "something". If you do the web page presented might give some clues as to what it is.

If not, it may be that your ISP controls that device. Phone your ISP support line and tell them that you need to have TCP port forwarding enabled for port 1802 for peer-to-peer gaming, and see if they can set that up for you. It may be that they're sharing public IP addresses across many of their customers (it's getting more and more common now as there are limited IPv4 IP addresses) and you may need them to do some config for you, or you may need to use a VPN to get around this.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information