FG Spreadshirt Swag

Export and Import

I'm converting a 3.5e game to 5e. In the 3.5 I've exported the NPCs. Can I import them into the 5e and where is the exported file saved to?

Thanks,

Booker

You can open 3.5E NPCs in 5E, but a lot of the data won't match and you will probably get errors. It might give you enough information to work with, or it may result in you doing too much extra work to get them to operate in FG correctly, and it may be better for you to enter the relevant data manually, as there could be old 3.5E data still present in the 5E NPC that can cause issues down the line.

To allow you to load a 3.5E module in 5E, you can either change the <ruleset> tag in the exported module from 3.5E to 5E, or use the universal module extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...dule-Extension
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thankyou. The extension did the trick.

Blog Entries
    Be aware that statistics are not equal between 3.5 and 5E. For instance, an AC value in 3.5 should not be the same value in 5E (in most cases). Attack bonuses, damage, damage types, etc are all going to have to be adjusted as well. There are a couple of good blog-type entries online from various people that talk about converting that I would suggest you look up.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information