FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Sadly, D&D Beyond and Roll20 are different companies with different and incompatible systems.

Not sure if this helps but I've found that FG is worth every penny I've spent. It took some getting used to and there are still some things that aren't fully automated and it is possible that they won't ever be. But having the ability to look through or search the books while in FG is really convenient.

I initially started with the core rules and a couple of modules. My players and I shared the cost which made it easier to get so much at once. Over a couple months we bought pretty much all the 5E rules, some Rob2 accessories (so awesome), some modules and stuff. The reason is that the cost of FG in the long run is actually cheaper for a single campaign server where everyone gets together and makes characters than for everyone to buy their own book.

Anyways I hope you take the plunge but if you don't your license still gives you the SRD which has a surprising amount of free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by NineShadowEyes View Post
    Yeah, I get that. It's just that I bought a license for dndbeyond, one for roll20, and 2 physical books. Having to buy it AGAIN kinda rubs me wrong. It shouldn't be like that.
    I know the feeling, although in this case smiteworks have done a lot with it and it will make your FG experience much smoother. It is good enough that I use FG for in person games on my laptop, not just the digital ones.

It will be on sale at the end of the month for the Halloween steam sale (they mirror sales over there here) and the default price is lower than that of Roll20s.

Thread Information