5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Talking Eberron Adventures, EMBERS OF THE LAST WAR - Hopefully starting 10/28

So I am really excited after Eberron was left to wallow during 4th Ed that I am finally see stuff released for DnD 5e! I have probably just spent more than I should picking up Eberron stuff for 5e, I am hoping to find others interested in playing in Eberron. If you simply want to play Adventure's League, also keep an eye out, I will run them specifically for Adventurer's League, right now I am attempting to drum up interest for Eberron.

To Build Interest I am going to run the available Adventurer's League modules for Embers of the Last War. I would prefer NOT to have to waste time explaining the basics of Eberron, so please, PLEASE, go look up an Intro to Eberron. You don't need to be fluent; but at least have an understanding of the setting, know about Dragonmarks and there are houses connected, the Last War, Warforged, the 5 human kingdoms and the monstrous and lost kingdoms. Again, you don't need detail just a general overview so I don't have to explain everything.

I also picked up the first 2 parts of the Adventure Path Fear Reveals Truth to run in the future. I am looking for people who are interested in playing the full thing, so if you interested keep an eye out sign up and help put together a group, those who play this will get first picks for slots for that.

FG License: Ultimate: HAVE DnD 5e DMG, PG, Volo Guide to Monster; Wayfinders Guide to Eberron; Arcana Unearthed for Eberron Options [Mystic, Artificer]
    Game System: DnD 5e (NOT Adv. League; keep an eye out I will run as Adv. League)

Time Zone: USA East
    Day of week and time: Sundays 4 PM
    If new game, planned start date: 10/28/18
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Odd, I currently work a 2 off, 1 on standby schedule and doesn't account for holidays or other events. Hope to start 10/28. Time to play should generally run 3 to 4 ours depending on good stop point. Will not try to cram a module into specific timeslot, so if we take longer not a problem. You will get a chance to shop, level if appropriate, and possibly move onto next available module.
    Term:Campaign 10 modules (currently between 2 and 3)

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord - Private Server
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? I currently have no plans to do so, and fully admit I never understood the interest in watching others game outside of getting a feel for a system.

Roleplay & Combat mix: As per module and players, but not limited to 4 hours
    Number of Players in game & needed:Currently 4 (Eldritch Knight, Wild Sorcerer, Dragonmarked Life Cleric, Hexblade Pact of tome Warlock)
    Character starting level & equipment: Currently at level 3
    Character restrictions: No Evil, No positive connection to the Boromars (if you don't know, don't worry), No Positive Connection to Cannith South
    Player Restrictions: Don't be a jerk, purposefully obnoxious, or similar behavior; DON'T bring RL opinions or problems, we are here to have fun and game (IF this offends you, you should probably move on);

Details of your scenario: Embers of the Last War, I have read thru it all and it is strongly focused on espionage.

Game Calendar

Current 4 signed up; 3 inquiries Maybe full again.
    Last edited by Mgrancey; January 10th, 2019 at 01:14. Reason: Status Changes
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

I absolutely love Eberron and been searching for such a game for some time after Wayfinders Guide to Eberron which I got. I am knowledgeable about Eberron and played it during 4e and 3,5. I usually wouldn’t do it, but because I am so excited about Eberron, combined with the fact that it is hard to find such a game in the right timezone (GMT+2 (Norway)), I wonder if it is possible to start a bit earlier, like 3-4 hours? If not, I perfectly understand if you don’t want to/can’t. Still, my excitement about the setting means I can’t hold back

I already have several cool ideas in my head for Eberron related characters. From a Sentinel Marshal hunting criminal, to a Barbarian Zealot from Ghaash’Kala who’s visions have led him to the more civilized parts of Khorvaire, to a warforged who was created at the end of the last war to be a magician, but with his abandonment let him to isolation, and ultimately to the Silver Flame (cleric), and a lot more.

Anyway, I am just wishing to play, as I find the setting to be thrilling.
    Last edited by Snoffo; October 14th, 2018 at 12:01.

I'd love to play, but I'm already in a game that starts at 7:30 EST. I hope you get this off the ground though, so happy to see love for Eberron.

Sent you a pm. Just getting back into tabletop and this sounds fun.

Would love to spend Sunday nights adventuring in Eberron. I never read too deep into it during 3.5E due to having played several games with the setting and they were mostly bad, and for what ever reason skimming the book just left a bad taste in my mouth. Having watched several videos of the creator explaining his thoughts behind things, I've learned that it's everything I've ever wanted in a setting, ever since playing Final Fantasy six I've longed for a place that mixes magic and technology, something that takes a fantasy setting into a bit more of a modern time without the trappings of it being alternate real world. So while I don't have in depth knowledge of the setting, the premise and many of the design concepts are exactly what I'm looking for in a setting.

I have been looking for a way to jump into Eberron for a couple of years now. I've read some of the older source material (and now the Wayfinder's Guide); I liked the setting but didn't like the 4e ruleset. I'm a much bigger fan of 5e. My background is in narrative games (mostly powered by the apocalypse stuff) so I'm all about a game that explores an awesome environment and features interesting characters. Like Snoffo I'm on the other side of the Atlantic (though I'm originally from the US) so earlier would suit me better than later....but of course that's your call.

@Snoffo & Arkham81.

About the earliest I could reliably say would probably only be about 4 PM, which would be about 2 hours earlier. Saturdays tend to be my day to relax, maybe do some stuff, and then Sunday is usually when I get projects or chores done.

@Everyone

Sorry, didn't get a chance to write it up last night and need to get going soon for 1st appointment. Hope to get initial info out tonight along with invites to discord server.
    Last edited by Mgrancey; October 16th, 2018 at 14:01.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

That would work perfectly for me Mgrancey. I'm a night owl so I'm happy to stay up until 1-2 a.m (so that would be a 4-5 hour game for you), but I generally tap out of things that look like they'll last until 3 or 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgrancey View Post
    @Snoffo & Arkham81.

About the earliest I could reliably say would probably only be about 4 PM, which would be about 2 hours earlier. Saturdays tend to be my day to relax, maybe do some stuff, and then Sunday is usually when I get projects or chores done.
    If we started two hours earlier, I would be able to make it... If that is too much hassle considering you have to change stuff, you don't know me, and whatnot, that is perfectly understandable, but if it is possible, I would LOOOVE to join this game! Eberron is just such a fantastic setting imo.

Alright, currently have 8 possible players so anyone else gets to go on the waiting list. Sent 2 massive PMs to all interested, please read. The first is just formalizing expectations between all of us, what you can expect from me as the GM and what the others and I expect as a player. The 2nd email has the actual game stuff and comm info. Looking forward to hearing back from you all.
    Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information