FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

3.5e module creature errors

Hello

I am not sure if I am at the correct place, sorry if I write the following in the wrong thread We play D&D 3.5 and I have also bought the Complete SRD. The first monsters I were using were werewolves and fire giants and both had some errors in their sheets and I wanted to tell you about it (I already made my own module fixing these stats).

Fire Giants: In both, the Basic and Complete SRD: The critical range of the greatsword is wrong, it has to be 19-20/x2, not only 20/x2
    In Complete SRD: The type Giant is missing, not very useful when a dwarf is in the group (+4 AC against giants applied as an effect)

Werewolf: Basic SRD: The type is also missing here (Humanoid and shapechanger)
    Complete SRD: There is sometimes only the information about humanoids, so the Shapechanger information is missing
    Both: In the attack entry of the hybrid form of the werewolf lord is only an information about the attack bonus of the bastardsword, the damage is missing

I wish you all a nice day

Best wishes,

Kelrugem

EDIT: Thanks for moving my post to the correct place

EDIT 2: The cloak of resistance and ring of protection and the like with a bonus higher than 2 do not have the correct CL (see Craft prerequisites) However, I will not put these into a module, only when there are a lot of other wrong CLs in the items (this can be too easily fixed manually)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; November 13th, 2018 at 17:42.

Would there be any interest in 3.5e modules? I am not sure how many people are still playing it (I found mainly Pathfinder modules and there are often some slightly mini differences) but I can offer to upload my 3.5 modules (monster corrections, spell macros/effects extended (using the Remove extension), automized (prestige) classes (i.e. their abilities added automatically) and so on) But I am at the very beginning, so there would be not much at the moment, I guess, but I would update it over the time. The advantage of being at the very beginning would be that I could directly keep an eye on whether someting is allowed to share or not (due to the license issue with 3.5e)

EDIT: Here are the modules since someone asked for it (at the moment very small, but I will update them)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kelrugem; January 24th, 2019 at 00:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Would there be any interest in 3.5e modules? I am not sure how many people are still playing it (I found mainly Pathfinder modules and there are often some slightly mini differences) but I can offer to upload my 3.5 modules (monster corrections, spell macros/effects extended (using the Remove extension), automized (prestige) classes (i.e. their abilities added automatically) and so on) But I am at the very beginning, so there would be not much at the moment, I guess, but I would update it over the time. The advantage of being at the very beginning would be that I could directly keep an eye on whether someting is allowed to share or not (due to the license issue with 3.5e)
    I'd be interested in them being uploaded, I am not sure if it is allowed though.
    DM/GM Since 1985. Unity and Classic Ultimate License.

As long as the material uploaded is covered by the OGL, and the appropriate OGL is included in the module, then it's fine to upload it.

The thing to note with 3.5E material is that a lot of the WotC products were not released under the OGL - so you need to check each product to see how it was released. Or, if you're unsure, only release what it is in 3.5E/d20 SRD: https://www.d20srd.org/index.htm
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I would only upload my changes on the free SRD data but nothing from the licensed materials (like complete adventurer, beholders, mind flayers, Faerūn materials and so on because that would clearly not be allowed by licenses) and also nothing from the complete SRD (this here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store....php?id=DGA044) since it is sold here As far as I understood everything else is allowed but I also wait first for a probable answer if I am wrong (EDIT: Okay, there was already an answer incoming while writing this Thanks )

At the moment my modules are very small, so not really worth it. But I would update it here from time to time if I find new little mistakes or if I make better spell macros and so on

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    As long as the material uploaded is covered by the OGL, and the appropriate OGL is included in the module, then it's fine to upload it.

The thing to note with 3.5E material is that a lot of the WotC products were not released under the OGL - so you need to check each product to see how it was released. Or, if you're unsure, only release what it is in 3.5E/d20 SRD: https://www.d20srd.org/index.htm
    Ah thank you very much Then I understood it correctly and I will of course respect that

I've now added the modules in the second post Please tell me if there are mistakes etc. But they are very very small at the moment, I will update them every time when I add something in my private campaign (we just started to go to FG so there might be some updates soon)

I just saw in the update from today that the mistakes (I've mentioned) where now updated Thanks for that I didn't expect that this would be updated and therefore I am positively surprised Also the races were now automated fully in the last update (better than my versions because I didn't know what is possible to do in the automation of racial traits); thanks also for that, now I can also improve my races from other books not covered by the SRD because I see what is possible

Thus, my module about the corrected monsters and automated races is not needed anymore, I will delete them Sorry also that my modules are still so small, I try to keep them updated but my group is using a lot of the stuff outside the SRD which I can not upload. Therefore the modules only increase very slowly in size and also only when I have some ideas how one could "improve" it a bit (and when we are using it in the group, therefore the autmated classes only cover the used classed in my group at the moment). The given data is already too good
    Last edited by Kelrugem; November 13th, 2018 at 17:49.

I just saw in the update from today that the mistakes (I've mentioned) where now updated Thanks for that I didn't expect that this would be updated and therefore I am positively surprised Also the races were now automated fully in the last update (better than my versions because I didn't know what is possible to do in the automation of racial traits); thanks also for that, now I can also improve my races from other books not covered by the SRD because I see what is possible
    Great! Thanks for reporting the problems. Just let us know if there are any other issues you spot.

Thus, my module about the corrected monsters and automated races is not needed anymore, I will delete them Sorry also that my modules are still so small, I try to keep them updated but my group is using a lot of the stuff outside the SRD which I can not upload. Therefore the modules only increase very slowly in size and also only when I have some ideas how one could "improve" it a bit (and when we are using it in the group, therefore the autmated classes only cover the used classed in my group at the moment). The given data is already too good
    No need to say sorry. Anything contributed to the community is very welcome. Thanks for what you post!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you Yes, sure, I will post it here when I spot something else

Thread Information