FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LFP - The Sunless Citadel [D&D 5e][Saturday 9 pm (EU) GMT/UTC+0]

FG License: Ultimate
    Game System: 5e

Time Zone: GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) = UTC + 0 https://time.is/GMT
    Day of week and time: 9 pm / 21:00 Saturdays.
    Planned Duration & Frequency: 3-4 hours, weekly.
    Term: Short adventure module, levels 1-3.

Text or Voice: Voice only
    Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: 60 RP/40 combat
    Number of Players in game & needed: We have 1 spot available.
    Character starting level & equipment: 2nd level
    Character restrictions: Core classes and races allowed. Neutral or Good characters only. Meta- and powergaming is discouraged, focus on creating deep interesting personas rather than trying to squeeze out stats and power levels.

About myself: I'm an experienced GM of over 10 years in a number of gaming systems, who likes to create personalized story arcs involving the characters around the gaming table. I encourage in-character roleplaying and character development with realistic interactions with a living breathing world. Voice acting is encouraged as I do the same for my "actors" in the game to varied levels of success.

Campaign

This is a short classic dungeon delve adventure called the Sunless Citadel, which is part of the Tales from the Yawning Portal campaign book.

Table Rules

• #1 Read and understand the Table Rules before joining your first game.
    • Be courteous and respectful to your fellow players and GM.
    • If any problems arise during sessions, keep them off the gaming table. Instead shoot me a private in-game message and I’ll make a judgment call on the spot and deal with it accordingly. Or you can bring them to me after the session to be discussed and dealt with in a private manner.
    • Rule Disagreements: If we disagree, you have three minutes to either find the rule, or convince me it should work how you want. After that I'll make a ruling and tell you why I think it should be that way. There will be no further discussion, and the rule will work that way for the remainder of the session. After the session I will have a more thorough read of the rules, and if you're still unhappy we can discuss further. At the start of next session, I will announce a better-thought-out rule, which we will use from then on, unless we find flaws in it.
    • I will wing things to keep things moving, while we will try to stick to the rules for the most parts, overall story and flow trumps rules.
    • Respect other peoples time, don’t be late to planned sessions.
    • If you can't make a session, let me know with as much advance prior to the session as possible. That way if there aren't going to be enough players for the upcoming session I can notify everyone else so they can make other plans for the evening.
    • Prior experience with D&D 5e is not necessary, but you will need to read the character creation section as you will be expected to create your own character. Though within FG it should all be drag and drop more or less.
    • As a GM my main focus is on the grander scheme of things and running a good game, so I trust the players to handle their own part of the game correctly and honestly and learn the rules as well as they can. So please read the rules and refresh any weaknesses in your knowledge as they come up and make sure you become the masters of your own characters inns and outs. Players with little to no D&D 5e experience will be given help and time to get to that point, but in the end it does require a little effort on behalf of the players.
    • As a GM my workload is often vast. You can think of what is presented to you during play as the top of an iceberg, that is usually the only part you see of what it takes to make the story and adventure possible. So anything you as a player can do to make life easier and the game more enjoyable for everyone is appreciated. The prior note is a large contributor to this.
    • During play we use headsets over Discord for voice.
    • There will be no streaming or recording of any kind of the sessions nor is it allowed for any of the players involved.
    • If at any time you have any questions, feedback or concerns. You’ll find that I’m very approachable and reasonable, and you can always send me a private message or we can have a short private talk after a session.
    • RPG Etiquette! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9X2Tz7QegM
    • We're all here to spend a few hours in good company and to have fun, so do your best to bring your good mood and share your imagination and varied acting and voice acting skills with us during play times!

How to apply

Simply answer the following questions and send them in as a PM or post in the thread below.
    I'll read through all the applications and will send private messages to those which I think might make a good fit. Thank you for your time.

Do you have any previous role-play experience?

What would be your preferred focus for the game?

What are you hoping to get out of the game?

Are you a friendly and flexible person that is able to get along well with other people?

Do you enjoy in-character roleplaying?

Are you an engaged player (active participator in the game, in interactions between the players, their characters and the world around your character)?

Post your character concept.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; December 2nd, 2018 at 05:28.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Hi!

Your second YouTube link appears to be broken (at least for me; the RPG Etiquette one works fine). I'd love to join a short campaign like this. I'm a 29 year old guy from Denmark currently living in Germany, so the time zone fits well.

I have played in one Pathfinder campaign many years ago, and I have DM'ed 5e. I've DM'ed Lost Mines, first half of Tomb of Annihilation and a good number of one-shots. I'm the ForeverDM and therefore don't get to play all that often.

Truthfully I love the published adventures, so I'd be curious to follow the story. When I DM, I love when players do unexpected or creative things in their attempts to solve problems, so I'd try to do the same as a player.

Player- and FG experience, and hopefully lots of laughs. I am not a powergamer nor do I take myself very seriously. Ideally we'd get to enjoy a cool story for a number of sessions!

Are you a friendly and flexible person that is able to get along well with other people?
    Yes, typically getting along with people is never a problem (mostly because I like listening, ha!).

I don't have much experience, and I am still a little awkward doing voices, but I of couse do it - it's the biggest part of D&D!

Are you an engaged player (active participator in the game, in interactions between the players, their characters and the world around your character)?
    I'd think so, yes! I think my DM'ing experience has given me a fairly decent picture of what good player-behaviour is like. I don't think I'd cause any trouble.

I would probably prefer playing either a barbarian or a rogue! The last time I played a character I based him very loosely on The Count of Monte Cristo, and it worked well. Given the chance to play, I'd flesh out a character to the best of my ability, but I have found that I typically develop a character as they are played. I don't have enough experience to have a complete idea from the get-go.

New to online play

over 1 year as player and DM

Fun, everyone wants to have fun

I'm hoping to find another easier way to play D&D

I like to think so

Yes, but It sometimes takes me a bit to warm up to a group.

Absolutely.

Post your character concept. [/B][/QUOTE]
    I'm thinking about playing a Human shadow monk, criminal background, ninja knockoff. He's very secretive, and will probably lie about his history. CN (not evil, but willing to do the wetwork)

I've been a player, and GM for many years. From 1e D&D to now with about every edition in between, plus a few that you probably never heard of.

I'd prefer a fun, cohesive group. That focuses on respect for everyone in the group. ie. showing up on time. using push to talk so that we don't have to hear what your SO is watching on TV in the next room, common courtesies, if you're going to be late, or miss a game, try to give the DM a days notice.

A fun relaxing enjoyable evening.

Yes, I try to get along with other players.. If some some reason I can't, I'll just move along and not cause a disturbance

Sometimes, I find it harder to do in FG than at a table top.

Yes, I am

Honestly, I have thought that far ahead. With FG so many games never get started, or end abruptly. I like to build my character in a session 0, talking with the other players and building from there.

Thank you all for taking the time to apply to my campaign, both here and in PM's. We are currently full but may return to some of these applications if a space opens up.
    Best of luck on your adventures out there everyone!

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Hi. I am aware of the fact that your current game is full, but after reading your rules and background information, I would love the opportunity to participate in one of your games. I have completed your questions below in case you get another opening or perhaps for a future gaming session. Thanks for your time and consideration!

I played 1st and 2nd edition D&D for about 8 years until I joined the Army. Then, fast forward 25 years and I started playing again, getting introduced to 5E and Pathfinder. I have about 1 year of sporadic playing experience in those genres.

I enjoy games with immersive role-playing throughout the session. The 60/40 split you mention seems about perfect. I like groups that are cohesive and focus more on the fun of the game rather than the rules. If the DM says it, that is the rule...

I just purchased the Ultimate License and a bunch of resource material for 5E games and I hope to learn the fantasy grounds system, make some new friends, and have a great time doing it.

I believe that I am very friendly and flexible and I have no problems getting along well with others.

Yes, voice acting and role-playing throughout the session makes it significantly more fun

Yes, I do my best to play an active role in the game and enjoy player interaction.

I know that your current session is full. I have many character concepts and I don't mind playing pretty much any type of character needed to provide good party balance. I prefer to play warrior types or rouges. I will be happy to give you a specific concept for a character if you would like.

If you are still looking for a player tonight,

I do, I have been playing 5e for about 6 months now, before I played AD&D and 2e years and years ago.

I like puzzles, and getting to know the players that I am playing with. I love just being able to delve into character and enjoy the game outside of normal life.

A better use of fantasy-grounds. I played one session and I loved the play style. I am coming over from roll20.

Oh absolutely! I love adapting to what the game throws at me, and I live to explore other peoples quirks and personality.

Its the best part.

I am, I tend to pick the charismatic characters because it allows me justify being active.

So I am thinking of playing a rogue(or bard) that is a middle-aged housewife turned adventurer. Her husband used to be an adventurer until she convinced him to settle down and they started a family, until tragedy struck. A military raid came and wiped out her town and family, she now wanders trying to escape her thoughts. She is overly motherly and will treat the party as her family, berating them if they dont allow her to disarm traps so they dont get hurt, use bad manners, don't wash before dinner, and other things of that ilk. Her day to day life before becoming an adventurer is how she learned her skills, she has a story for everything and may often ramble. How is she so good with a bow? She used to hunt pigeons when times were lean to feed her family. Thieves tools? She used to lock herself out of her house a lot when her husband was out of town and would have to figure out how to get in with a hair pin and butter knife. I think she would be a lot of fun to add to any campaign

We have a spot open for one new player.

I have been doing RP for well over 15+ years, starting from the old days of doing forum posting, RPing in Neverwinter Nights, to many different systems of pen and paper (Shadow-run, Savage worlds, CoC, DnD 3/3.5/5E , Pathfinder).
    Over the last 4 years, I've open up more into doing Voice Role-play on games like Conan Exile, Ark, 7days to die and many other online games.

Story telling over all. I like games that have details in the interactions over just doing something. (Ex: I could say i want to pick pocket something, but i'd rather say that i pick up an item, look it over carefully before looking around as i slide it away in one my belt pouches from eye sight.) If you've seen Critical Role, that the style i prefer overall with story telling.

A enjoyable story telling, that is told thru the eyes of multiple people interacting with each other. Also looking to enjoy my time with diving into the Role-play, perhaps do a character that's alittle outside my normal zone with a voice i might not have done before

Yes, there are allot of people i know that won't mix well together that i get along with just fine. If i have any issues with anyone, i will speak privately with the DM. For all the years i have RP, i don't really take issues with anyone.

Yes, without it... why bother playing this? I enjoy getting to know my character as much as you guys will.

Yes, Depending on characters and things going on at the moment but for the most part i will interact with the world around me, as well characters near by.

I don't currently have one, as i tend to work around the group that is in place as far a class goes and the world (Which i don't know much about).
    I'm going to message you a character concept from my last campaign, he my favorite character and normally my Ice-Breaker for first starting into new groups. It'll give you an idea of characters i'll come up with.

Personal Note:
    Please feel free to contact me on discord at VarnFury#7559 to see if i would fit into your group or not, if you want to get an idea of the type of Role-Player i am in person.
    Thank you for taking the time to read this.
    -Role-Player of 15 years +
    - Savage worlds, 3.5e / 5e DnD, Pathfinder, ShadowRunner
    End of the World

We're full, thank you all for your interest.

Thread Information