DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Penalties

Penalties

So in the book it says a wildcard can take as many turns as they want, but take a -1 stacking each times. does fantasy grounds account for this? on the same note how would you fan the hammer

Quote Originally Posted by SixSided View Post
    So in the book it says a wildcard can take as many turns as they want, but take a -1 stacking each times. does fantasy grounds account for this?
    Nope

on the same note how would you fan the hammer
    Fanning the hammer: Set the number of attacks to 6 then add the required modifier to modifier box, double click the attack die icon.
    The gunslinger in my last campaign create Fanning the hammer as a sub-attack with the modifier and #attacks set as part of it.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

ty you alot for the response. Moved over from roll20 and not looking back

So in the book it says a wildcard can take as many turns as they want, but take a -1 stacking each times. does fantasy grounds account for this? on the same note how would you fan the hammer
    Thinking about this one, unless it changed and I never noticed, I think it should be -2 per additional action not -1.

I did not add the actual answer to this part: If the total is -4 just put -4 in the modifier box and roll
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

You are correct, sir, the Multi-Action Penalty (also referred to as the MAP) is -2 per action, not -1 as the OP suggested (see SWDEX p. 66 under the "Multiple Actions" heading, "Each additional action attempted in a round subtracts 2 from all the hero’s rolls.") Since all actions need to be declared before taking them that will help as you should know what your MAP will be for all rolls before taking them anyway, so just putting in that modifier into the box is how I do that as well, although you can also use the... is it effects or maybe a modifiers?... table to add a specific modifier that will then show up on the roll as an explanation to what the modifier was for. (Or maybe that's a global effects add-on I have in mine... I don't have FG on this computer to double-check, I'm just used to always having that thing up while I'm in a game. Sorry.)
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Doswelk, how do you set the # of attacks to 6 ? I tried Rof, but it is'nt the right way apparently. ntil now, I used the right click to add dice
    Ultimate license holder
    Pref : Cthulhu and savage Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by dragonheels View Post
    Doswelk, how do you set the # of attacks to 6 ? I tried Rof, but it is'nt the right way apparently. ntil now, I used the right click to add dice
    Right click is how I used to do it and for on-the-fly decisions to "rapid-fire" the easy way to do it, but if you want to create sub-attacks you can do as described above, I've got to go to work now but I'll make a quick-vid later to show how to do it.

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    Right click is how I used to do it and for on-the-fly decisions to "rapid-fire" the easy way to do it, but if you want to create sub-attacks you can do as described above, I've got to go to work now but I'll make a quick-vid later to show how to do it.
    A vid would be appreciated! But no hurry. Only if you have time!
    Ultimate license holder

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Got it!
    Thank you very much!
    Ultimate license holder

Thread Information