DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Unsure where to say hello!

I suppose I'll just say it here, since I don't know if there's a "proper" forum or subforum for it, or if there's even really a persistent community.

Anyway, I wanted to say hello to everyone and introduce myself. You can address me by Sori or by my real name, Ana. I have a friend that's starting a Pathfinder campaign, and I've entered into it without knowing really anything about it. I enjoyed the process of creating my character (who is a kitsune bard), and it has me excited to start playing. The campaign doesn't start until Sunday though, and being as eager as I am to get started, I thought I might come here to look into the possibility of finding others I might be able to play with.

As I mentioned before, I have never played Pathfinder before. I experimented a little bit with Dungeons & Dragons in the distant past, but it was very minimal and the campaign never actually took off and went anywhere. If someone doesn't mind having a novice around, I'm willing to learn and very amiable! Either way, if there's a persistent community here, perhaps I may become a new face and end up developing my skills with you!

Either way, I just wanted to say hello, and I'll be off to go peruse the different forums, especially the LFG forum.

Welcome Sori and good luck with finding a group

Hi Sorivity, and Welcome! to the Community,

If you haven't done so already, let me encourage you to take a look at some of the great Tutorial Videos available on the Fantasy Grounds Wiki (and on YouTube). Damn's are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below).

Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because the CoreRPG forms the foundation of just about all the RPGs we play with Fantasy Grounds - so by learning how to use FG with the CoreRPG you'll learn about 80% of what you'll need to know to play any RPG with Fantasy Grounds. Once you've gone through the CoreRPG Videos you can then go on to Videos about your chosen RPG.

When you get familiar with the basic Fantasy Grounds product the next step is to check out some of the Extensions (Plug-Ins) for FG, such as the DOE: Sound, DOE: Locations, DOE: Weather and DOE: Organisations Extensions (to name a but a few - and a Shameless™ Self Plug).

You may also want to drop into the FG College; a great place for newcomers to get started.

And of course, there's plenty of Twitch Channels where you can watch games in progress (including my own - https://www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz - another Shameless™ Self Plug).

And keep on asking questions - we're a pretty friendly lot here, and we love answering questions.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Sori, I think you'll find this is one of the friendliest online communities that you could ever come into contact with. Whether you're a newbie to either gaming or VTT or even basic computering, these folks answer to any and all inquiries, no matter how small (and believe me, I've asked some doozies over my time here). Welcome to FG!

Blog Entries
    Also take a look at FG-Con, it's a free online convention that runs just over a week from now. Lots of fun games and chance to meet more people!
    https://www.fg-con.com/

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the Fantasy Grounds community.

Hey Ana.

Welcome to the community. Some of us are very persistent
    As has been stated further up, you'll enjoy the community here - it is very friendly. For example, the welcome message above mine is from the actual boss of the company. How refreshing is that?

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

Hi Sori, welcome aboard. Have fun and any questions always feel free to post and any issues we are a friendly lot and welcome all new people

Hi Sori! Just another friendly member welcoming you aboard. I think you'll enjoy the company.

Thread Information