5E Character Create Playlist

Very weird connection issue - new user

Hello! I'm new to the community and the software. :-) I've gotten FG running on a MacPro, Ultimate version. When I first ran, I did the connection test, and it failed. I opened up the ports on my router, and then the test and everything else worked fine. All my friends connected without a problem from outside my network. Then day 2, one of my friends was playing with us at the house. We all connected fine, but then someone got bumped off, and then he couldn't get back in. We thought it was his problem, until I rechecked the connection test in the app, and found out it was me with the problem. My friend who as at the house on the local lan could still connect. So we shut it all down, reboot everything including computers, and routers, and it works again. But then it dies again and the guy from the outside can't connect again! The other thing I notice is that once it dies, when I reboot fantasy grounds, it shows me no address for local anymore in the startup screen. So we're losing our minds, between it working and not working, it seems nothing changed on the firewall. My guess is something on the wine layer is maybe not binding both the IPs for internal and external or something? Looking for any hints at all! Thanks a bunch everyone, if this doesn't belong here, please point me to where it does go, and accept my pre-apology!

Sincerely,
    Joe Hanish

I'm not sure about macs but there is some discussion here and it is possible you might have the same issue.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Sounds like your router has DDoS protection turned on that is affecting your connection. Turn it off during games or raise the threshold of when it kicks in higher.

FIXED! Just an update for anyone who finds this thread in need... After many different attempts, including putting a router in front of the Arris BGW210-700 and passing it through which didn't work... ULTIMATELY, the answer to get this fixed, was a firmware update on the Arris, because there was a bug that was making the port forward stop working. I don't have the link on this computer, but the latest firmware update hasn't been pushed, but they have a place to download it and put it in yourself. After this, you will see no more issues whatsoever! Best of luck!

Thread Information