5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by romelwell View Post
    True. My group has had ongoing discussions all day about FG vs MapTools. I'm pretty sure I have enough good will with them to install FG and give it a go in a trial-run scenario/encounter. There is some concern, however, about the learning curve for players new to FG...
    Basic usage can be taught in around 75-90 minutes, including character creation and mock combat, skill rolls, saving throws, etc....
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by MysticCelt View Post
    One is that putting your STEM people in charge of customer service is...
    Nolan isn't even a software dev IIRC. Riley developed the system before jumping ship into Orbus VR and abandoned Roll20 to Steven K. whom became the main dev afterwards. I don't know what happened after that as I left around that time.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Just a year? wow, you've done a lot in a year!
    Well, a little over a year and a half now probably. I signed up January 2017 but didn't go both feet until around March I think?

I'd been using Maptools for years and wrote a framework there for AD&D also. Once I figured out the way FG worked it was like "freedom!". In that time both Doug and JPG have both went out of their way to be helpful. Moon has saved my sanity a lot in the Workshop forums more than once. I do owe him a drink if I ever get the chance to meet him face to face.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    Nolan isn't even a software dev IIRC. Riley developed the system before jumping ship into Orbus VR and abandoned Roll20 to Steven K. whom became the main dev afterwards. I don't know what happened after that as I left around that time.
    Wow so... he's just a **** then. Well that brings me to another business principle. "Don't put a **** in charge of PR/CR"

What a storm the thread has 48500 up votes and nolands reply is the 3rd most downvoted post in the history of reddit
    Fantasy Grounds Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I do owe him (Moon) a drink if I ever get the chance to meet him face to face.
    You and me both!
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I do owe him a drink if I ever get the chance to meet him face to face.
    Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    You and me both!
    Don't we all?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Greetings.

I am one of the potential refugees. I have one active game on 'the other guys' and after the third blow up by Mr N, I'm looking hard at Fantasy Grounds. So, yes, this lovely adventure of today is having an effect on at least one game master.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisOldGM View Post
    Greetings.

I am one of the potential refugees. I have one active game on 'the other guys' and after the third blow up by Mr N, I'm looking hard at Fantasy Grounds. So, yes, this lovely adventure of today is having an effect on at least one game master.
    You can say "Roll20" here. Heck, you can say "Maptools" and all the others as well - we ain't Roll20

Seriously, welcome! Let me also say this - If you haven't done so already, let me encourage you to take a look at some of the great Tutorial Videos available on the Fantasy Grounds Wiki (and on YouTube). Damn's are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below).

Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because the CoreRPG forms the foundation of just about all the RPGs we play with Fantasy Grounds - so by learning how to use FG with the CoreRPG you'll learn about 80% of what you'll need to know to play any RPG with Fantasy Grounds. Once you've gone through the CoreRPG Videos you can then go on to Videos about your chosen RPG.

When you get familiar with the basic Fantasy Grounds product the next step is to check out some of the Extensions (Plug-Ins) for FG, such as the DOE: Sound, DOE: Locations, DOE: Weather and DOE: Organisations Extensions (to name a but a few - and a Shameless™ Self Plug).

You may also want to drop into the FG College; a great place for newcomers to get started.

And of course, there's plenty of Twitch Channels where you can watch games in progress (including my own - https://www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz - another Shameless™ Self Plug).

And keep on asking questions - we're a pretty friendly lot here, and we love answering questions.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

In addition to take advantage of this, I hope the team also looks at what people answer when other people ask about Fantasy Grounds as an alternative to Roll20. There is a lot to be gleaned.

Thread Information