FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Yeah I spent some time last night and this morning reading it. Like one of the commentators said, it's like watching a train wreck...

Yeah, but its not in slow motion
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Oh, why? what makes you say that?
    It is not the first time that something like this happens in the Roll20 world. I know and have seen that their forums are heavily moderated and censored. Even valid topics related to the platform, once addressed by a moderator or developer (especially when not convenient) are closed. Side talks about competition are not existent there.

The only thread that remained with comments under blog post and in their forums (that might have been moderated as well, I don't know) was when their database failed and caused ~day of downtime. I am no longer using their platform and unfortunately I don't have documents to proof that or URLs.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Wow, petition to ban NolanT from the subreddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Roll20/comm...from_this_sub/

This gets better and better.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Howdy. Just wanted to jump in and share that once I port my Call of Cthulhu campaign (Masks of Nyarlathotep) over to FG, I'm bailing on Roll20. The fact that their team has yet to respond to the growing fervor created by Nolan's actions and tone deaf reply is the final straw (for me).
    r20Achievements.PNG
    I am a Slow Processor, who soaks in the data, thinks, stares, tries to make sense of what I am seeing, hoping for a breakthrough. All around are snappier brains, busy being dazzling, but not mine, which just plods on until it finally sees something special, hiding in plain view.

Blog Entries
    So yea.

I've heard of Nolan et al doing things like this before (banning/poor modding), but this time they did it to someone who was articulate enough and upset enough AND lucky enough to have it go viral. Look to Ken L's story for one more "point of light".

Yes Nolan is one of the co-founders over there. And has been said on various places, it's a bad idea for a company to moderate it's own subreddit. But, it's right in line with the philosophy that Nolan et al seem to take towards business.

Though obviously changing, Nolan's response is one of the top 5 most downvoted threads in reddit history. The source I looked at put it at #4 (and climbing).

Ironic (?) thing is I just created a Roll 20 account yesterday so I could run some Undermountain one-shots for a con I'm participating in (Aethercon VII, since they don't allow FG to be used). Had thought about putting some map assets on their marketplace, but not going to bother now.

Oh, another things (don't have the link atm) but at least one of the people who puts art assets up on the Roll 20 marketplace has said he will give download copies of any assets people bought through the marketplace there if they have deleted their accounts and didn't download the assets.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Though obviously changing, Nolan's response is one of the top 5 most downvoted threads in reddit history. The source I looked at put it at #4 (and climbing).
    I've got it as 2nd.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

And so it goes...my non-threatening reply to Nolan's response has been deleted on /r/Roll20. So thin-skinned and immature.
    I am a Slow Processor, who soaks in the data, thinks, stares, tries to make sense of what I am seeing, hoping for a breakthrough. All around are snappier brains, busy being dazzling, but not mine, which just plods on until it finally sees something special, hiding in plain view.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    I've got it as 2nd.
    Yep, it's moving up fast! Now at -32.4k. Has a long way to get to number 1 though, Battlefront at -683k (and it's not done either).

Doug, thank you for running things differently!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

people are now coming to FG Forums asking if they can get a discount from coming form the competitor. oh boy this trainwreck just got interesting interesting for Doug.. now to make some popcorn and see how it pans out. FG Friday this week is going to be interesting for sure on Twitch!

So Dawnforged Cast has chimed in here:

Thread Information