STAR TREK 2d20

Individual Groups in Single Module

Hey everyone. My friends and I each run a campaign and commonly someone eventually takes augmented summoning. I know it's easier to just add an effect to an existing creature in the combat tracker but my OCD kicked in and I created all new stat blocks with the augmented stats. I'm trying to create a module to share with my buddies campaign with the creatures separated into individual groups based on the level/category creature.

I can't figure out a way to create separate groups for exported NPCs in the same module. I don't have a lot of confidence trying to figure out the XML coding thing and have thought of creating 9 different modules (1 for each level) but that doesn't seem right. Any easy way to create groups in a module of the same category? I've tried youtube and the links in some of the moderators sigs but I keep rolling 1's on my perception checks.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    You can find some of what you need in the adventure creation guide in my sig. But in your authoring campaign (i.e. the campaign you created the NPCs in, which is commonly called the Development Campaign) you need to put the NPCs in the groups you want. Then export them.

That said, regardless of what groups they are in, you should still be able to sort by type and level/CR in the NPC list.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Ok. I read through your guide a couple times but I feel I am missing something obvious. I have the npcs organized into groups based on the levels in my own campaign but when I drag them over they are all just aded individually and not as a group. I have seen another mod that had them categorized into their levels when i opened the mod and just not sure how this was accomplished.

Blog Entries
    "drag them over" confuses me.

So here's the base process if you were starting new.
    Create a new campaign that will be your "development" campaign
    Create the NPCs
    Group them as desired
    Export all the desired NPCs using the chat "/export" command (select all NPCs)
    Start a new campaign, go to Library > Modules and load your NPC module
    Open the NPC list, filter by group.

Howe does that differ from what you are doing?

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I am basing my desires on the PFRPG Summonable Monster Module with the monsters organized by spell level. This is what I am shooting for. Since I originally made this in my main campaign I have more than just these monsters in my npc list, but it is just these groups that I want export int a module.

Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 7.56.44 PM.png

Blog Entries
    Ok, those are (EDIT: not) the groups I was expecting, I thought you were talking about the ones inside the NPC list itself, not the module list.

I THINK the only way to duplicate what you are seeing is in the xml itself. I'm not sure as I do almost everything in the UI and not the XML and have never done that.

Hopefully someone more familiar with that module will jump in and give us some info.
    Last edited by LordEntrails; September 26th, 2018 at 21:09.

Ok. Thanks for letting me know. I may return to this when I have time try and tackle the XML stuff but right now it's beyond my Knowledge check.

Thanks again!

You can create the groups in the FG campaign and export those groupings - so you can still select the desired level from the NPC campaign data list. You don't drag the individual NPCs to the export window, just check/tick the NPC option in the export window and all NPCs in the campaign, with groupings, will be exported.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information