DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    During sessions we have single communication channel, which is voice. Chat is used by me as GM to send secret messages or things only for specific player's ears and by players who are not under the spotlight to discuss something so they don't interfere with the actual play.

No in-game talks happen in the chat, mostly meta-game and out of game talks and quite brief. The chat is for roll results
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Blahness98 View Post
    Personally, I run text games. Yes it can be slower, but I have been running games for the same group of players for about four years now. The amount of RP that they do is incredible and contrary to what was said above, you can read the emotions and the feelings the characters and players are putting out. I run voice in the background for general chit chat and out of character BS, but everything in character is in FG text. I also run a discord and a neglected forum for other ways to get RP out there. I make sure that I as a GM have multiple ways of getting in contact with me availible. This works for me and my group, but I know it isn't always the case with other groups.

As I don't want to turn this into another Text vs Voice debate, I will get back on point. I feel any added boxes will only remove valuable screen real estate which could be used for other things. Voice can be record by OBS as was said earlier, char in discord can be complied and placed in a file with the FG chat log by the GM. There are probably some voice to text options out there that could even scribe what everyone is saying in voice and save it as so you can review it later. Does FG need these things? In my opinion, no. It should just continue to facilitate the playing of games for players the world over.

Does this mean you as a GM can't write the extension or the code to do it for your game? If you have the skill, go ahead it do it. Make that extension which improves the way you run your game. If it really works and you find it useful, post it on the forums and maybe others will as well. While it may not be useful for me, it could be useful for another GM.

Just my thoughts..
    I appreciate the sentiment of avoiding the exclusive "text-only" or "voice only". The main focus of the post was how to use text AND voice together to create the richest environment possible. I think your post raises a lot of great points and details a lot of the benefits of text chat.
    Actively interested in joining new groups!
    Actively interested learning to DM in FG!
    Available to play: M-F evenings, Sa/Su all day!
    6pm-midnight MST, Sa/Su- 9am-midnight!
    Voice Acting/RPG enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    During sessions we have single communication channel, which is voice. Chat is used by me as GM to send secret messages or things only for specific player's ears and by players who are not under the spotlight to discuss something so they don't interfere with the actual play.

No in-game talks happen in the chat, mostly meta-game and out of game talks and quite brief. The chat is for roll results
    PLEASE consider inviting me to your next campaign. Your play-style sounds fantastic!
    Actively interested in joining new groups!
    Actively interested learning to DM in FG!
    Available to play: M-F evenings, Sa/Su all day!
    6pm-midnight MST, Sa/Su- 9am-midnight!
    Voice Acting/RPG enthusiast

Thread Information