FG Spreadshirt Swag

Birthday party using FG and the Savage worlds ruleset

Hello !

In about 3 weeks, my 7 years old daughter will turn 8. She will invite 5 friends to her birthday party. I've been in charge of the group for a timelaps of about 90 minutes to 2 hours. As I have already played Herokids with her, she'd like me to organize a rpg session.
    As she also likes the look of many sided dices, I decided to use Savage worlds (Not only for the dice, but because I think it's a cool system for kids too).

My plans are :

- To have the kids in a room with a low table and sofas, actually our living room.
    - Using one set of 'big' foam dice I've just purchased.
    - Using Fantasyground on the TV to show the map(s) and to manage the PCs and NPCs. Actually, Each kid will have their own customized character sheet, but I also want to keep the accounting on FG in case a kid gets a mess. I plan to use colored poker chips for wounds, bennies and fatique.
    - Of course, all rolls will be made on the table with those foam dice (See image below) and I will enter the result in FG using the 'manual dice' option.

My questions are :
    - Have you ever experienced this, and have you any advices?
    - The theme of the party is Moana/Vanaia. Do you have some block stats for PCs and/or NPCs for Moana/Vaiana or other Disney characters?
    - Do you have PDF or cool character sheets that could pass with the theme ?

Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by dragonheels; September 21st, 2018 at 15:25.
    Ultimate license holder
    Pref : Cthulhu and savage Worlds

Blog Entries
    My advice?
    Aim for 60mins and not 90-120mins.
    If the kids are all engaged you can easily add something extra in before the finale to make it longer.
    Take a cue from storytelling games and at least once for each player ask them a question about "what happens next?" or "what do you see?" etc.

Thread Information