DICE PACKS BUNDLE

LFP 5E Waterdeep Long-term Wednesdays 9pm EDT

FG License: Ultimate (FG free demo is all that is needed)
    Game System: 5e D&D

Time Zone: EDT
    Day of week and time: Wednesdays 9pm - 1am EDT
    Planned start date: Immediately
    Planned Duration & Frequency: 3-4 hr session weekly
    Term: Long-term (All the way to the end of the Dungeon of the Mad Mage, possible epilogue planned as well depending on how the story goes)

Text or Voice: Both, plan to use discord server for optional in-between session roleplay
    Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: Varies with players
    Number of Players in game & needed: 6 max, 2 more needed
    Character starting level & equipment: 1st level
    Character restrictions: None (I have all official modules, you can use any combination to play who you want)

Details of your scenario: We have just started a long-term campaign based in Waterdeep and I will be running a semi-sandbox version of the two adventure modules (Dragon Heist and Dungeon of the Mad Mage). We need at least one, maybe two players to supplement the 4 players who have already started. Don't worry, the players are still in chapter 1 of dragon heist, so you haven't missed much. I will be broadcasting the game over twitch also so please only apply if you're okay with your voice being broadcast on my channel.
    I like to play games with characters who have a lot of depth, so please be willing to write a nice backstory for your character. The more detail you include, the more I can work into the story. Waterdeep campaigns have a lot of intrigue, so those looking to play a hack-and-slash type game would probably not have as much fun. There is still at least one battle in each session, but it's not as important as the actions of the characters outside of combat. Also, please only apply if you can respect other player's interpretations of their own characters (I used to think this went without saying, but no longer). Character builds aren't as important as creating great character stories, which is what we all want.
    My ideal players are not necessarily power gamers but can learn how to play their class effectively so that I can plan appropriate challenges. I use some added/modified rules that players might not be used to, so rules-lawyers may not be a good fit if strict adherence to the original rules is important. I don't ever fudge the dice-rolls, but I do like to use the dice tower in order to keep the player's meta-knowledge under control. For instance, the player may think they made a good argument but their deception skill check was a natural 1. I like to play this out without the player knowing they failed immediately; they'll find out through the actions of the NPC.

Regarding language: I'm no sailor, but I am known to use bad language every once in a while. If you know you're sensitive to this then you should probably not sign up. That being said, I have no tolerance for any language that can be considered sexist, racist, or LGBT phobic.

If this sounds like a good game for you then send me a PM soon. Let me know what kind of character you'd like to play (race / class / background / alignment). I will send out invites sometime this weekend.

This sounds exactly what I'm looking for. Also sent you a PM

Thanks everyone for your messages and applications. As is always the case on these FG forums, it is tough to decide on the few who get an invite. I have already sent out invites and they've accepted so I won't be accepting any more applications. Hope everyone that applied can find another game that works for them.

Hi everyone,

We have a new opening in this game due to another player's work obligations. We're still early in the story, chapter 2 in Dragon Heist at level 2; so you won't have missed too much. The party's current makup is a wizard, druid, and paladin. Send me a PM if you're interested in joining us in finishing Dragon Heist. After that we're going to go straight into the Dungeon of the mad mage.

Im interested

Hi guys, We're full up once again. Thanks for your interest and I hope you find another Waterdeep game!

Democratic People's Republic of California
    Glad you were able to get what you need. If *life happens* and another opening occurs, this fits with my avail. Would love to join.

Thread Information