FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Starting a Twitch Group

What am I doing?

Starting a Twitch Channel for a DnD group, that myself and 4 other people will manage. I have my own twitch channel, but I want one separate for this group.

All 5 members will have the stream key, and will be able to stream on the channel themselves.

All revenue generated by the channel, if any, will be spent on modules, books, things for the game and channel.

What you need.

A webcam with a microphone.
    A stable internet connection.
    A good sense of humor.
    Easy going attitude
    A sense of commitment.
    Fluent in English, it can be second language but be able to hold a conversation for the most part.
    Be age 21 or older. And ok with swear words, and adult themed humor.
    Weekends off work. And a schedule that doesn't change. I want to do this either Sat or Sunday. PST daytime.

If you have all of these, then reply here.

Introduce yourself. No walls of text. Just a simple hello, here is my schedule. I do have a webcam and mic. I'm interested in streaming my own games/I'm not interested in streaming my own games. These are my pc specs, and my internet connection speed.

I am only looking for 4 people. It's not first come first serve. Once you reply, I'll send a pm and give you my discord. Then a quick 1 on 1 game, where I get a feel for how you play. I am not in a hurry, and this may be a long selection process. Be patient. Hang out in the discord, and it will come together.

I have an Ultimate License. So free players are welcome. But you will need a standard license if you are looking to stream your own games.
    I will be running a lawful evil campaign, in 5e. It starts with a Prison Bust. There are alignment restrictions, Neutral, Neutral Evil, Lawful Evil are what is available. No Good or Chaotic alignments.

A little about me. I have had FG for a few years now. I live in Northern British Columbia. I'm 32. Married with kids. And I stream 5 days a week on twitch 10am PST - 2pm PST. Mon-Fri. Mostly Kerbal Space Program, Stellaris, Fallout, The Witcher. Cheeseburgers are my favorite food. And 4/20 is my favorite day of the year.
    Last edited by Ferrin; September 24th, 2018 at 14:37.

Greetings,

To keep it simple as you indicated. I Live in Ohio (EST), I'm 33, and Married with 1 kid (3 Year Old). I have been playing D&D since 3.0 Edition, as both a DM and Player. I have a Webcam, a Mic, a Stable Internet Connection, I'm interested in streaming my D&D games as part of a group in addition to the potential to turn them into podcasts (loved "Sneak Attack" Podcast, would love to do something similar). Completely new to Fantasy Grounds but have dabbled in digital tabletops elsewhere(R20). I am setup to stream, but have not done much of it yet because I'm still looking for a format or style I like and Solo Player Streaming just isn't it. That said, I'm looking for a Sat/Sun online D&D group regardless of streaming, but if they overlap all the better.

PC Specs:
    CPU: i7-7700
    Ram: 16GB
    Video Card: GTX 1080 Ti
    HD: 1 TB SSD M.2 + 4 TB HDD Storage
    Connection: 70MB Down, 6MB Up
    Mic: Blue Yeti
    Headset: Logitech G933
    Webcam: Logitech C922x
    Additional: Stream Deck
    Fantasy Grounds License: Demo (Free) but willing to upgrade as needed.

As I mentioned above, I have been looking to get into a Saturday or Sunday Session. I can pretty much guarantee availability 99% of the time on Sat/Sun (except major holidays if they hit) from 5pm PST (8pm EST) to about 9-10pm PST (Midnight - 1am EST) if that works for the group. I could potentially be available fairly regularly earlier than that at any point on Saturday or Sunday but it becomes a scheduling thing that may eventually cause me to miss a session to family events every 2 or 3 months, but I'd have to vet these with the wife.

Alright, Keldaria is on the schedule for Sun @ 5 PST. Which is also my timezone.

I am willing to play.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to toss the dice) Matrim Cauthon

Hi, I'm disabled, can play on the weekend sat or sunday, and have a Logitech c922 web cam a Hyper X headset with mic.

AMD FX-8250 (processor)
    8GB of Ram
    Radeon R9 290x (video card)

Got a lifetime license for xplit.
    I've got the dnd5e complete pack, excluding waterdeep.

I'm not a DM yet, just a player.

just a sec and I'll do a net test. Pretty sure I'm 25mgb down around 15 up
    * well my download is showing really crap right now might be getting throttled, but my upload is showing about 15mgb.

I have dogs, they don't generally bark unless they're playing, and I've got a fenced in yard I can plop em in.

Not interested in revenue, just want to share in the fun.
    Last edited by Zomnivore; September 21st, 2018 at 02:34. Reason: additional information

Quote Originally Posted by jrworden View Post
    I am willing to play.
    Heya, in my Original Post I have a few instructions for applying to the game. I know it's a hassle, but it helps the planning and organization on my end. Once I have your info, we can figure out when to schedule your 1 on 1 game.

So you computer spec..... ok.

Server Specs:
    CPU: E3 5th Gen Xeon
    Ram: 32GB
    Video Card: GTX 1080 Ti
    HD: 4 TB RAID array
    Connection: 20Mbps DSL
    Headset: TurtleBeach Earforce P11
    Webcam: Logitech C310

I have an Ultiumate lic.

But I will have to back out. I have found a game near my home.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to toss the dice) Matrim Cauthon

Hello,

I Live in Indiana (EST), I'm 49, and Married with no kids and 4 Cats. I have been playing and DMing D&D since 1978 White books. I have a Webcam, a Mic, a Stable Internet Connection, I'm not really interested in streaming my own D&D games but more than willing to stream as part of the group. Still kinda new to Fantasy Grounds. I'm looking for a Sun online D&D group.

PC Specs:
    CPU: i7-7700
    Ram: 16GB
    Video Card: GTX 1050 Ti
    HD: 500 GB SSD + 4 TB HDD Storage
    Connection: 75MB Down, 25MB Up
    Headset&Mic: Hyper-X Headset w/ Mic
    Webcam: Don't remember which one I have at the moment but I can get one pretty easy.
    Fantasy Grounds License: Standard.

I can pretty much guarantee availability 99% of the time on Sun (except major holidays if they hit) from 5am PST (10am EST) to about 9pm PST (Midnight EST) if that works for the group.

Ok, I have Zomnivore scheduled for Sat @ 3 PM PST.

Waiting to hear from Lord Blackrose to schedule his 1 on 1.

Finished Keldaria's 1 on 1 game session.

I've also started planning and plotting out the first session, which will not be streamed. The first few sessions will be introductory, get you familiar with the software, and each other. We are still accepting applications for players. For anyone still wanting to join, follow the directions in the Original Post.

Updated the OP as well.

Update, Zomnivore is not in the running anymore. Lord Blackrose 1 on 1 scheduled for this Sat.

Spots still open. See OP for details.

Thread Information