5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Middle-earth (5th Ed) GMT 0

FG License: Ultimate
    Game System: 5E D&D

Day of week and time: Sunday 7:30 GMT

Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly, usually 3-4 hrs

Text or Voice: Both (I understand some people prefer text, I'm happy to use both)
    Voice software used: Discord

Number of Players in game & needed: 3-4 more players needed.
    Character starting level & equipment: Starting level 1
    Character restrictions: Adventures In Middle-earth (Cubicle7) used

Details of your scenario: I'm running the old Rolemaster MERP modules via Cubicle7's reworking of their One Ring rules for 5th Edition. Starting with "Dark Mage of Rhudaur", after that the companions will likely be given the option to travel to Tharbad or explore the Trollshaws and attempt to continue their good work or repair the damage drought by the Witch-king's forces.

Odaric crouched behind the moss-grown trunk of a fallen oak The first stars of dusk glimmered in the light-filled sky above shadows deepened around the unmoving Northman With a quick, in-drawn breath, he shifted his weight to obtain a better view of the conflict raging in the fields before him Wounded Vulseggi and Dunedain lay sprawled among the corpses of Orcs, Dunmen, and proud Cultirith. Punctuating the hiss of arrows, siege engines hurled stones at the Beacon Tower. Silhouettes flickered on its battlements, providing targets for the troops gathered beneath the eaves of the surrounding wood. A sudden eruption of shouts drew Odaric's attention to his left. A battalion of Orcs, bearing the weight of a steel-shrouded battering ram, staggered from the forest's edge towards the Tirthon. Could the defenders withstand this renewed assault? Odaric stiffened. Surely he heard a noise beneath the tumult of the battle? A softer sound. A hesitant, intermittent rustling like that of stealthy footsteps behind him! The Northman whirled and raised his sword as two savage Dunmen lunged forward with spiked clubs.

Link to Game calendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=2536

PM me or leave a message on the calendar if interested; I'm really keen on role-playing rather than min-maxers. Aiming to start in about two weeks time and will likely run 3 out of 4 Sundays per week. The AiME extension seems to be working nicely; having your own AiME (Cubicle7) book would be ideal but I've pretty much converted all the essential material (Races, Virtues, Backgrounds and Gear) into a usable format.

It's a shame you are running this on a Sunday, where I am busy GMing myself. I wish you good luck finding players, I have fond memories of MERP.

Is that 07:30 AM or PM? If it's PM count me as interested, I have both books of the game and was entering all the info into FG when I saw the extension. Just downloaded that and am going to try it out. If I'm not mistaken 7:30 PM GMT is 12:30 PM Pacific Time which I could do, AM not so much.

Blog Entries
    Nice idea. Those old MERP modules are classics.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Sounds like a hoot.

Quote Originally Posted by vegaserik View Post
    Is that 07:30 AM or PM? If it's PM count me as interested, I have both books of the game and was entering all the info into FG when I saw the extension. Just downloaded that and am going to try it out. If I'm not mistaken 7:30 PM GMT is 12:30 PM Pacific Time which I could do, AM not so much.
    It's 7:30 PM so it fits your slot if you are still interested. Aiming to get a cohesive bunch of characters sorted out online next weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Nice idea. Those old MERP modules are classics.
    Yeah ... very close to doing them all via the RM ruleset but 5th Ed is quite slick and the AiME has some nice touches in it and handles the thorny issue of magic very adeptly.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    It's 7:30 PM so it fits your slot if you are still interested. Aiming to get a cohesive bunch of characters sorted out online next weekend?
    I'll be away from my computer for about a week around then but will be back before the following Sunday. I do have two characters I've created using the standard array for 5e - a Dwarven Slayer (Foehammer) and an Elven Scholar (Master Healer).

Looks like fun. Not sure I can commit both afternoons to campaigns (my parents think gaming is a waste of time), but any chance I could drop in and observe occasionally?

I have been gaming in FG for the last year and really enjoy the middle earth genre. I am not familiar with the middle earth system so put in my request an elf or half elf sorcerer. Really sounds like a good setting. I have always wanted to RP in middle earth.

Thread Information