STAR TREK 2d20

Hosting a homebrew D&D campaign! City Builder Sandbox in 5e!

Hello there! I have started my own homebrew campaign that I am soloing. I want to share my campaign in hopes to make it more fun then rolling dice to see if characters agree or disagree. If anyone wants to join, here is the rundown.

This game is a good/evil campaign with jobs for both!

Current Jobs and Leads:

1. Consulting for the Calimport Sheriff.
    2. Debt Collection from the banker.
    3. Work from the palace.
    4. Warm relations with bandits!

The party finds a empty city, in ruins likely due to pillaging, or being abandoned, and decide to rebuild it. They live in a dilapidated house which they are considering 3 possibilities. Renovating, Using it as there own, or demolishing completely. Before they do, they go to the city to see what kind of cash they can earn for building there out post. The group at this time are warm with the Sheriff, Banker, and Chamberan who works at the palace. The chamberlain in this city, is responsible for handing out work, and determining if a party is worthy of meeting or being a member of the noble class.

As the game starts, my group as my own npcs decided they wanted to form a outpost. They talked to the local tavern to get intel for jobs in the city, and got several. There main thing they are investigating is why a bunch of beggars are so heavily armed, and they are in the process of selling some of the loot from there first encounter. In the story, I won't give many spoilers, but I will just catch you up, they captured the beggars supplier, and took him by the suppliers own will to the noble palace. The chamberlain and sheriff are now working together thanks to the party to see what info they want to get out of the supplier.

After the sheriff is done interrogating, they will then have enough cash to build a outpost. The outpost will take approximately 150 days to build, which is more then enough time for you to gain cash for doing jobs, and strength to host what ever you really want out of it. You can host armies, take over villages, cities, or anything you want. Your group is heavily allied with the humans. You can be what ever you want, but if your anything out side of humans, you will need to earn a badge of loyalty in order for humans to accept you, if you are any race, as a neutral party. If you want to have humans trust you, you'll need to earn a badge of nobility, which is no easy feat. However, for you to host armies, you have to get in good with the nobility or they will consider you a mercenary or renegade.

This badge of honor system allows the world to open up in so many different ways, that it will be fun to see how it unfolds. I don't know what's gonna happen later on in my campaign, because its going to be heavily reliant on charisma based actions, and diplomacy more so then fighting. There will be fighting as well, but the world will encourage talking out of a fight and using charisma to persuade people to do what you need rather then being thor, and killing every living thing you see.

Please join my discord if you are interested. I host at least one session a day lately for my self, so you can join at any time. I'm writing a small book to document conversations, and transactions if people want to read it as well. If you want to read it, you'll have to join the game for more then a month, and have made in game contributions to the party that helps advance the game. Message me for the link!

Also, this is a persistent sandbox. This game will change with out you as I run it to practice, and as you play the game. Npcs are friendly to characters individually, not necessarily the whole party. Also, the only way the party will loose standing is if they fail a written contract, or attack a npc together.
    Last edited by SammyWest; September 18th, 2018 at 06:35.

Thread Information