FG Spreadshirt Swag

Is it possible to apply effects to weapons?

For example, in my 3.5 game, my fighter uses a flail, and has the tripping feats. Is it possible to create a new weapon on the Actions tab to use only when I want to trip, and then have that weapon apply the "Prone" effect to the target?

I know I can add additional damage to weapons, but what about effects like prone or stunned?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Thanks for your time.
    A.J.

“It isn't Narnia, you know," sobbed Lucy. "It's you. We shan't meet you there. And how can we live, never meeting you?"
    "But you shall meet me, dear one," said Aslan.
    "Are -are you there too, Sir?" said Edmund.
    "I am," said Aslan. "But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

You can’t add effects to weapons. You can add a spell class (but not for spells) and add actions to spell placeholders that can apply conditions when pressed.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Yeah best way is to do like Trenloe suggested and create a new "spell" class but name it "Flail Effect" or whatever so you can identify it. Then just go in and make sure it effects target. And you can write it out like [Flail Trip; Effect: Prone] (No Brackets []) and when you hit with your weapon you can click the effect and it will apply it to your target with a description on what caused it.

FG Con 13 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - October 12-14 2018
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.
    My Blog
    Technical Administrator for Fantasy Grounds College
    Holder of the "Ultimate License" | Allower of Demo Players!
    GM of Nephilim Wars - 5E Post Apocalyptic Campaign
    DM of Destiny Calls - 5E Homebrew that includes Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

Thread Information