DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Force Dice to Stay Where I Put Them

Is there a way to force dice to stay where I put them when closing the application and opening it up later? The reason I ask, is I have a 3 monitor configuration that I like to use, and have placed all my windows into the locations of where I want them to be, and the locked them into place by using the WindowSaver Extension. However, no matter where I put the dice, they always return to the bottom left portion of the screen - which is on my left most monitor. I want them to stay on my center monitor and get restored there when I reload the campaign. I've attached 2 screenshots as an example:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Does locking them in place not work?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Move dice to where you want them, right click over one and select "Set Arrange Position"

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Does locking them in place not work?
    No, locking them into place does not keep them where I want them, they always reset to default.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Move dice to where you want them, right click over one and select "Set Arrange Position"
    I've done that, multiple times. I ensure the "lock" is showing, before moving them, then change that lock so the "unlock icon" is showing after I've moved them. Once I've done that, I reload the campaign and the dice are back at the default location.

Blog Entries
    Ah, that reminded me enough to search the site and find this
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post253804

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Ah, that reminded me enough to search the site and find this
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post253804
    I take it this extension will also affect the location on the players side as well?

I don’t know for sure but extensions do affect players so it probably does, and they probably don’t want their dice in the same place you do.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    You have to choose. Either unlock and move them each time you open a session or run the extension and everyone's dice will be moved there.(If you are the GM) I usually unlock chat and the dice and move them where I want them before each game. It isn't that much hassle for me.

FG Con 13 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - October 12-14 2018
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.
    My Blog
    Technical Administrator for Fantasy Grounds College
    Holder of the "Ultimate License" | Allower of Demo Players!
    GM of Nephilim Wars - 5E Post Apocalyptic Campaign
    DM of Destiny Calls - 5E Homebrew that includes Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

Thread Information