DICE PACKS BUNDLE

New to PF and want to DM RA any ideas

hello im brand new to using fg and i just recently got into RA. im looking to dm for a group of friends and one person who is skyping in. Can any one kinda help me make my transition into dming on fg possible? Also is there any source material for Rappan Athuk out yet? i just bought the entire pdf and really wanna put my players through a ringer.

Moderator: Moved to Pathfinder where it belongs
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; September 17th, 2018 at 10:56.

Hi bubba and welcome to FG.

Check out the Fantasy Ground College https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...and-then-play!

They’ll help you get going. I can’t say if Rappan Athuk will ever be a Fantasy Grounds module or not.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Well, a good first place to start is with the user manual. You can also check out the 5E tutorial campaign that comes with FG. If you like videos, there are lots of videos on YouTube and linked from the FAQ.

I will also second the FGC reference, if you like direct assistance rather than reading/watching/researching on your own, it's the way to go.

I will add that if your "PF" reference means Pathfinder, you should check the 3/3.5/Pathfinder sub-forums rather than the 5E forums.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

ill def give it a look. i hope they bring RA to fg, i mean there is so much detail and story there, it would be amazing

They've been working on it for awhile. I think a mod should move this to the PF forum.

Rappan is coming out for 5e, but your topic mentions PF so I'm confused where it actually belongs?

Regarding tips from someone who's run it 4 times (before they fizzle or give up), running it as written will absolutely destroy your players. It's built to punish careless mistakes as Rappan was built for defense as the last bastion of Orcus' clerics. There are many false passages or empty 'nothings' to give the illusion of safety before a trap with a CR APL + 5 cripples them, and an ambush is sprung.

There are also sections that, coming from 3.5 and earlier, aren't as relevant or deadly and need to be altered to produce the 1-ed intended deadliness. This is different than 'buffing' encounters as the encounter would be CR #, but given the rule changes, it's far easier than intended.

You can make it easier and forgiving pending on what you want to do with it, but neutering the deadliness is like cutting off an arm or leg of the module. 5e is part of the way there to making Rappan approachable for a 'steady' group of Heros, but in all actuality, it tends to be a patchwork group of members that have endured losses. To this end, I'd run it like a murder dungeon (as intended) as opposed to a full fledged campaign with story.

There is lore, but it's more akin to Dark Souls where the lore isn't necessary, but will help you at points and must be sought after intentionally. The main point of the module/campaign is survival, and ultimately, defeating Orcus himself (if they ever get that far).

I am converting it for my Fantasy Grounds group at the moment. I am making all my own maps via Campaign Cartographer from an image copy of each map in the PDF. I am then putting all the information in from either a herolab stat block that I am pasting into Ken L's Creature Gen for Fantasy Grounds. I am also making any custom items I come across. It is doable but a slow process. I suggest just going bit by bit.
    DM/GM Since 1985. Unity and Classic Ultimate License.

Thread Information