FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Xp Needed extension

Xp Needed Extension for 5e Ruleset
    This is an extension for the 5e Ruleset for the player character sheet, to calculate the experience points remaining until the next level.

You can change the XP Needed field in 3 ways
    1. Directly typing in the XP or Next Level fields
    2. Using the Ctrl-Scroll Wheel to increment the XP or Next Level fields
    3. When you level your character via drag and drop

Notes
    That I know of there are no conflicts with other extensions unless they modify the position of the XP & Next Level fields

As this is my first extension I have written, I welcome any comments/suggestions on how make it better. I also would like to thank Trenloe and Damned for their help and suggestions.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by KlatuB; September 25th, 2018 at 00:52.

You may want to include the actual extension in your post
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for the catch Zacchaeus, the extension has been added to the 1st post.

Keep getting this when I try to grab the extension "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator".

Indeed. Whatever file you linked is invalid. Make sure that you have a valid .ext file when you upload it to your post.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

This is one thing that I'm surprised isn't a 'built-in' function for CoreRPG. Great job for your first coding project! I hope that you figure out the correct attachment for your post soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mlesnews View Post
    This is one thing that I'm surprised isn't a 'built-in' function for CoreRPG. Great job for your first coding project! I hope that you figure out the correct attachment for your post soon.
    It isn't built into CoreRPG since each ruleset will vary as to how much XP is needed for each level. It would be something that would need to be written for each ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by mlesnews View Post
    This is one thing that I'm surprised isn't a 'built-in' function for CoreRPG.
    Because CoreRPG is a generic, base ruleset to cover many, many different RPGs. Many RPGs don't use levels or XP, so it doesn't make sense to have this in CoreRPG. Now, have it in 5E.... that makes more sense.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Because CoreRPG is a generic, base ruleset to cover many, many different RPGs. Many RPGs don't use levels or XP, so it doesn't make sense to have this in CoreRPG. Now, have it in 5E.... that makes more sense.
    I stand corrected, thanks for breaking it down sir!

To all,

I don't know exactly what happened with my first attempt to edit an existing post, but that is why the link didn't work.

It looks like my second attempt to attach the extension has worked.

Thread Information