Starfinder Playlist

Hello, new to FG :)

Hello everyone

I am very new to FG and I am a DM for some friends of mine Actually we play on Roll20 the Storm King's thunder adventure (but with conversion to 3.5 edition). We may still need a lot of time to finish the adventure (if you know the campaign: my player just were at the oracle and we already play nearly two years) but I already bought the ultimate license because I really like what I see of FG and I already want to support it I am already looking forward to the Unity version When we have finished this adventure I want to switch to FG and therefore I already try to configure it a bit.

I read a lot in the forum and spent a lot of hours for getting informations, thus, I still feel very sorry when I now repeat questions you already saw a lot of times. As I said we play D&D 3.5 and there is sadly not a lof support due to the missing open license content. But we really like this edition and I have really a lot of books for it (though some still missing). Therefore I have to compensate a lot; in Roll20 I bought for example the Storm King's Thunder module and added it to my campaign (using the transmogrifier for example). The character sheets for the NPCs were empty then (which is no problem since I had to convert them to 3.5) but everything else was still there then: Texts, pictures, maps with dynamic lighting and so on. Is something similar possible on FG (except dynamic lighting of course)? I am afraid that it is a little bit more complicated here since there are not simply character sheets and handouts, there are additionally a lot of different entries which are seemingly often connected to other things such that there may be more problems between different rulesets It is no problem when I loose the things which I had to convert to 3.5, but everything else like pictures and maps and at least the names of things (such that I know what is in the adventure which may have to be converted) etc. remain hopefully.

I also searched the forum for extensions of 3.5 (this https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-of-Extensions and this https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...RPG-Extensions) and I found the complete SRD for around 7 USD. Is there something else you would recommend for a better playing experience? E.g. something which makes the chat a bit more readable, it looks a bit homogeneous such that it is a bit hard to differ between same attacks on different enemies etc.

Thank you very much in advance I wish you a nice and pleasant day

Best wishes,

Kelrugem

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the Forums! I wasn't able to find any extensions for chat that are still compatible with 3.3.X versions of FG. I think you will find after playing a session or two that with the automation inside FG you won't need attacks to "look" different in chat. The Combat Tracker will handle most everything for you unlike Roll20. You won't have to apply much to creatures when it comes to damage. Even most effects can be applied directly by the player from the ability or spell. I would read the 5E effect coding wiki here. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/5E_Effects eventhough it states 5E, you can use many of the effects in 3.5 as well.

Hope this helps!

FG Con 13 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - October 12-14 2018
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.
    My Blog
    Technical Administrator for Fantasy Grounds College
    Holder of the "Ultimate License" | Allower of Demo Players!
    GM of Nephilim Wars - 5E Post Apocalyptic Campaign
    DM of Destiny Calls - 5E Homebrew that includes Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

Welcome to the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    in Roll20 I bought for example the Storm King's Thunder module and added it to my campaign (using the transmogrifier for example). The character sheets for the NPCs were empty then (which is no problem since I had to convert them to 3.5) but everything else was still there then: Texts, pictures, maps with dynamic lighting and so on. Is something similar possible on FG (except dynamic lighting of course)?
    Use the Universal Module extension. It won't convert any 5E specific stuff, but will allow you to open a lot of the base info (story, maps, images, reference manual, etc.) - you will probably be able to open the NPCs and items, but get some errors.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...dule-Extension
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you both very much This helps me a lot Especially the thing with the effects etc. and the corresponding automation is one reason why I want to switch, FG offers a lot of functions which can also be used in 3.5 I understand that one focuses in the development of 5e but there are sadly not a lot of things one has in Roll20 using 3.5 although a game on the computer could give a lot of universal advantages like the automation (though there are some); one only can get such things when one knows how to programme the API scripts (and when one has the time for it).

Thank you very much again

Welcome to the forums!
    If you like 3.5 Pathfinder is very similar and there is tons of material for Pathfinder on Fantasy Grounds

Thank you very much, I will look at this content then, too

I second the suggestion of pathfinder. It is actively developed here.

It isn't 5e levels of convenience and automatoon, but it is still pretty decent.

Thank you Yes, I will also look at their modules and extensions Should be easy to convert (if anything have to be converted)

I just have some other question about something which is maybe a bug or unintended: As I said I bought the Complete SRD. To avoid repeated entries I unloaded the basic SRD rules for 3.5 and loaded the Complete SRD modules instead. Everything works fine and one can find everything in the library But when I click on the class button on the right hand side in the UI then all the classes are lost and it is empty there (and so also the corresponding Drag and Drop advantage). When I load the Basic SRD again then they are back there but then I have of course repeated entries in the feats etc. (one from the standard SRD and one from the Complete version) It is no problem for me when the classes are missing there but maybe I did something wrong

Blog Entries
    When you click on classes there should be a drop down menu to allow you to switch between modules. Try clicking the drop down menu at the top of the Classes area and chooose the corresponding module you want to use.

FG Con 13 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - October 12-14 2018
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.
    My Blog
    Technical Administrator for Fantasy Grounds College
    Holder of the "Ultimate License" | Allower of Demo Players!
    GM of Nephilim Wars - 5E Post Apocalyptic Campaign
    DM of Destiny Calls - 5E Homebrew that includes Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

That is a very good idea; thank you very much for the fast reply

Thread Information