DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Blog Entries

Add a Mini Power Button to 5E Actions Tab

I am upgrading the saving throws feature for powers in the DCC ruleset - currently they auto-roll vs. spell check if you have targeted an NPC, but I am adding a button like 5E, allowing you to set a fixed DC and half damage on a miss, but requiring you to roll the save separately from the spell check roll.

The mini action buttons work for cast, damage, heal, and effect actions, but I can’t figure out how to add a button for the save. I do not want the cast/save rolls to happen simultaneously like 5E because the save is only required if the spell check is successful, and it needs to know the spell check result for the DC.

Anyway, just point me in the right direction if you know the answer. I was looking at campaign/scripts/power_action_mini, but no luck with tinkering there.

Currently, the cast/save is the same "power action" record, even though it contains data for both rolls.

I think the easiest way to split these long term is to have the "cast" and the "save" in separate power action records. This is because the the power_action_mini templates assume one activation option per power action entry. This allows them to have a 1-to-1 mapping to the power action records.

Otherwise, you'd need to rebuild the action_mini classes to possibly have multiple buttons, which would require a redesign of the mini button layout, classes and templates.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information