DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Information wrongly visible to Players on startup in some modules

I've noticed that (as a GM, when I join a game with 'Me as a Player') a couple of modules are fully visible to Players on startup. Unless the GM immediately puts a 'Red Eye' on the module, any Players would have access to information that should not be available to them by default, such as spells and monster stats. The modules are:

- Call of Cthulhu 7e (module)
    - Grand Grimoire of Cthulhu Mythos
    - S Petersen's Field Guide to Lovecraftian Horrors (I am presuming this is a reference intended for GMs and not everyone)
    - Dead Light (here the Story is visible)

I load them up as new campaigns for testing. I then run a second FG desktop to see what it looks like as a player. This is where I can see stuff I probably shouldn't (as a player). In the Dead Light scenario, it loads up (for the GM) with the 'Green Eye' state because it was converted as a common.xml rather than a db. There are a few other errors in Dead Light, which I'll post later - just need to recheck it.

Blog Entries
    Am discussing CoC7e reference now - I think it probably should not be available "by default".
    Please do note that this only happens if the player has that book themselves.

The others were done by others but i suspect that they also should not be player options by default.

When I start new campaign using the CoC 7e ruleset, the "Call of Cthulhu 7e" and "CoC 7e Reference" modules are having default visibility to "Allow player load". I think the Reference indeed SHOULD be visible to the players, because they need to drag and drop the Occupations to their character sheet in order to have the necessary skills and points distributed.

But is this necessary for the Call of Cthulhu 7e? I unloaded the module and it seems nothing in it is necessary for players to play. The Character sheets and the skill tab have skill explanation built-in (I presume part of the ruleset?), therefore no need to share the Keeper's module?

The only situation where this is needed is when you don't have the Investigator's handbook and want your group to reference the rules in the Ref. Manual.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Valyar; September 26th, 2018 at 08:04. Reason: add image
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Awesome! The forum needs more emoticons to express things.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thread Information