FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

LF Player - Starfinder Mass Effect - EST Saturdays (2~ / Month) - Next Game Oct. 26

First off, my apologies, I know this post is super long and overly detailed, but that’s just the way I am!

This campaign has been going for six months or so, but we just lost a few people due to work and life in general, so we need to refill our ranks of kick-*** space heroes.

General Info

FG License: Standard
    Game System: Starfinder
    Text or Voice: Text & Voice
    Voice software used: Discord

Play Time

Time Zone: EST
    Day & Time: Saturdays, 7:30 P.M. / 8:00 P.M. - ? (3 – 4 Hours)
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Every Two Weeks & Long-Term.
    Note About Missing Sessions: I understand that things come up from time to time and people need to miss. If someone can’t play that week for some reason, the rest of the group will decide whether to play or postpone until the next session. Players who miss will be awarded 75% of the experience earned that session (to keep all pcs relatively close together) but will not earn treasure. And most of the players are in their 30's with families, so things definitely pop up and we have to cancel sometimes, but we stick to schedule as best we can.

Campaign & Players

Campaign Start: This Starfinder campaign is set in the Mass Effect universe with some adjustments (magic exists but is rarer). The Pact Worlds exist in a secluded area of space in the Attican Traverse and have had a little interaction with the Council Species but nothing significant. But now that the Reapers (hyper-advanced sentient starships) are here, bent on wiping out all advanced life in the galaxy, the Pact Worlds and the Council are both looking for allies in the fight. You can be either from the Pact Worlds or a Mass Effect race (I have conversions for all major ME races).

The PCs are a special forces team working for the Citadel Council. You undertake a variety of dangerous missions to help in the war against the Reapers.

About Me: I’ve DMed for several years with groups of friends and for a few years with Fantasy Grounds. I’ve DMed D&D 3, 3.5, 5th and a little Starfinder. I’m not a Fantasy Grounds expert, and I’m still learning all its tricks, so hopefully you’ll bear with me. I’m a huge Mass Effect fan and been playing D&D since the mid-90's.

What We’re Looking For In Fellow Players: We’re a pretty laid back group. We joke a lot and just want to have fun. Sometimes we’ll get sidetracked talking about Star Wars, Big Bang Theory, or whatever cool thing is out at the moment, but I try to get us back on track if I feel we’ve strayed off course too long. We don’t mind the occasional cursing (especially if your pc just took a laser bolt to the knee), but prefer you don’t drop the f-bomb every ten seconds. We try to follow the rules, and I don’t mind a rules discussion here and there, but if I make a final decision, I ask you to accept it and not be angry the rest of the night about it – just have fun!

PC Info

Players Needed: Looking for 1 - 2 players.
    Current Players: Krogan Soldier, Dwarf Mechanic, Vesk Solarian, Android Operative
    Character Starting Level & Equipment: Level 5
    Stats: Standard point buy from page 18 of the Starfinder Core Rulebook.
    Character Restrictions: Core and Legacy Races and Mass Effect races.
    Alignment: I prefer players to be good or at least neutral. I generally don’t enjoy it when pcs are outright evil, but I’m willing to discuss it with you if you have a character concept you’re really wanting to play.

Style

Roleplay & Combat Mix: I try to do a good mix of roleplaying and combat. Some nights may favor one over the other. I would say it is heavier on combat, but I do try to add roleplaying and puzzles when we've had a lot of combat.
    Adventure: I generally use stuff pulled from official published adventures, but I really enjoy injecting my own sidequests, characters, and storylines etc. into it.

If you have any questions or are interested, please feel free to PM me. If you’d think you’d like to join us let me know what you’d like to play and we’ll chat about it.

Our next session is this Saturday (October 27th) and we'd love to have someone join up then, but if you can't start that soon that's ok!
    Last edited by Salz78; October 27th, 2018 at 03:38.

Blog Entries
    I love Starfinder and Mass Effect, I wish I had the free time to play in this game, It sounds great! I wish you the best of luck with the campaign!

FG Con 13 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - October 12-14 2018
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.
    My Blog
    Technical Administrator for Fantasy Grounds College
    Holder of the "Ultimate License" | Allower of Demo Players!
    GM of Nephilim Wars - 5E Post Apocalyptic Campaign
    DM of Destiny Calls - 5E Homebrew that includes Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

Thanks, Skill. yeah, it's been a lot of fun!

Very interested in playing a mass effect game. Aus player but the time is fine for me.

Hi mark, that's cool man. If everything in the post sounds good to you, then we can definitely see about getting you on board. Any idea on a character you'd like to play?

Not yet really. Thinking maybe a Salarian/Android xenoseeker envoy.

Sounds good. Would you be able to start this weekend?

Time works and I am a huge fan of mass effect, any more room?
    I am in: GMT -5 Eastern Standard Time USA, Florida

Hey glacius I bet we could squeeze you in. What char type you thinking?

Thread Information