5E Character Create Playlist
Page 14 of 30 First ... 4121314151624 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Unless the 1d8 cold is coming from some other source then your weapon damage is 1d6 piercing plus 1d8 cold. So it is the weapon itself. If the cold damage is coming from a spell effect for example then that should not be included in the weapon damage but rather as an effect.
    Glad to see it was just a misunderstanding and not a bug. Thanks!

In Waterdeep Dragon Heist. The Waterdeep-DM map is in the wrong group. It is listed in the Artwork group rather than the Maps group where all the other maps are.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    In Waterdeep Dragon Heist. The Waterdeep-DM map is in the wrong group. It is listed in the Artwork group rather than the Maps group where all the other maps are.
    That's correct and fully intended

Added to fix list.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

While on the topic of WDH, in the Zacchaeus map pack, the Xanathar guild hideout map is misspelled Xanathar-Guid-Hideout
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    While on the topic of WDH, in the Zacchaeus map pack, the Xanathar guild hideout map is misspelled Xanathar-Guid-Hideout
    Also fully intended

I'll add that too.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

There appear to be missing/bad attributes in the pre-generated characters in Lost Mines of Phandelver.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Start a new campaign. Enable LMoP, PHB, and DMG.
    2. Hit the "PC" button from the right-bar in order to import a pre-gen character.
    3. In "Character Selection" pane, hit the blue up arrow to import a pre-gen character.
    4. Select the "High Elf (Acolyte)" and import it.

At this point, we immediately see some problems on the resulting character sheet:

1. On the abilities page of the character sheet, none of the abilities are linked to the relevant PHB page. For example, click on the link to the right of "Arcane Recovery", it prompts to enter text rather than displaying the PHB entry about Arcane Recovery. All the features and traits are similarly orphaned.
    2. On the main page of the character sheet, a High Elf should have Darkvision 60' listed under "Senses". It's not present.

Ok, now I'm suspicious, let's create a new character that follows the choices of the pre-gen and see how it compares...

1. Click the green + in the character selection pane to create a fresh character.
    2. Select Acolyte background
    3. Select High Elf race. THIS Adds Darkvision 60' to the sense list, and nothing to the abilities page. Different behavior than the pre-gen.
    4. Select Wizard as the class with Arcana and Investigation as skills.
    5. Now we notice that the pre-gen is also missing some attributes. The manually created character has Cantrip, Elf Weapon Training, and Keen Senses. The pre-gen lacks all these abilities. Also of note is that elf-weapon-training doesn't add the proficiencies to the list, but maybe that's expected.
    6. The pre-gen also seems to speak an extra language compared to what we're offered... maybe I'm missing a rule that isn't automated or maybe the pre-gen designers just took liberty with that one.

Some of these discrepencies might be intentional, but several of them seem to be errors. At minimum, missing darkvision on senses and broken PHB links can't be intended, right? I haven't checked the other characters yet, but I wonder if they all have issues like this.

PS... looks like all the inventory items are lacking PHB links as well.
    Last edited by pollux; January 2nd, 2019 at 19:08. Reason: Add note about other chars and inventory phb links.

The correct proceedure is as follows.

1. Start your campaign
    2. Load LMoP and the PHB
    3. Open the Library from the Library button
    4. Select LMoP and in the right hand pane select 'Pregenerated Characters'
    5. This opens a window; click the green '+' button to add a character to your campaign.
    6. Now open the PC window and you will see the characters that you have imported.

Edit: And for whatever reason Darkvision does not get placed in the Main page under senses in a pregenerated character.

Ah... yes, that does make a big difference. No more orphaned PHB links.

The abilities page for the pre-gen vs the manually generated character is still way different... but it's no big deal because all the practical effects associated with those abilities are present. Like there's no Elf Weapon Training trait, but the proficiencies that trait grants are present. Same with Keen senses and the perception skill, and the cantrip trait and having 4 rather than 3 cantrips selected. All the practical stuff in place, but trait that grants those benefits isn't present.

Ok, this is close enough that I can fix up dark-vision and drag in the missing traits. Thanks for the tip on spinning up pregens properly.
    Last edited by pollux; January 2nd, 2019 at 20:45. Reason: fix typo

I'd suggest that regardless of the location / work flow that a pregenerated character import was done from, the results should still be the same. Whether started from the PC Dialog / Import, or from Library / Pregenerated / Import, the user is still expecting the import to work. If the import from the PC Dialog isn't supposed to work, then remove it from the GUI to prevent further problems.

The missing traits is an additional bug, IMO.

[QUOTE=Xemit;420761]I'd suggest that regardless of the location / work flow that a pregenerated character import was done from, the results should still be the same. Whether started from the PC Dialog / Import, or from Library / Pregenerated / Import, the user is still expecting the import to work. If the import from the PC Dialog isn't supposed to work, then remove it from the GUI to prevent further problems.

The missing traits is an additional bug, IMO.[/QUOTE

The reason for the difference I suspect is in the way that LMoP is built using a parsing tool, which is probably out of date with the way that pregenerated characters are treated then as opposed to now. I actually wasn't even aware that pregenerated characters would appear in the PC window and I suspect that this too is something which is recent and not available when LMoP was converted. I may have a look one day at creating the pregens in FG and splicing the exported XML into the LMoP code which is what I did for Rraakma (the only other module I'm aware of with pregens in it). Testing that module the import works as you suggest either from the Library or from the PC Dialg.

Thread Information