STAR TREK 2d20
Page 10 of 30 First ... 8910111220 ... Last
    Noted.

I get what you are saying about traps and hazards but does it matter? They are there to make life easier for the DM to deal damage and apply effects if/when the trap is sprung. They aren't proper NPCs with initiative or turns or any of the other rules that would apply to actions or anything like that - they are just a convenience. So whether the actions are actions or reactions I don't really see making a difference.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Noted.

I get what you are saying about traps and hazards but does it matter? They are there to make life easier for the DM to deal damage and apply effects if/when the trap is sprung. They aren't proper NPCs with initiative or turns or any of the other rules that would apply to actions or anything like that - they are just a convenience. So whether the actions are actions or reactions I don't really see making a difference.
    I have to admit I have not been consistent with how I set them up either. I try and remember to make them reactions, but *shrug* they show up on the CT where I can click on them so as the DM it doesn't make a difference.

Probably better to make them reactions, but agreee with Mr Z that I see no impact doing it wither way. Maybe I (we) are missing something?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Maybe this should go to the suggestion thread: Is there any way to make traps/hazards NOT roll initiative with all the other NPCs?

Not that I can think of, no. They could be placed on the CT after initiative is rolled for the other NPCs of course, or you could make them friendly before initiative is rolled and then revert them to unfriendly, but there's not neat way to prevent them from rolling initiative just like any other NPC.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Maybe a third type of actor for the CT is more appropriate?

We can either re-use NPC type actors and live with traps behaving differently than an actual NPC, or FG can add a third category of actor that specializes in these trap/environmental actors.

Blog Entries
    There is an inconsistency in the capitalization of "Wondrous Item" objects that cause their to be two entries in the item pull down list; "Wondrous item" & "Wondrous Item"

I believe the capital I should be the correct format, but consistency would be appreciated (I'm just doing a find/replace all in the db.xml file before exporting to a module, but root solution would be appreciated.)

I know this issue exists in DMG items, and suspect it might in others.

Thanks

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    There is an inconsistency in the capitalization of "Wondrous Item" objects that cause their to be two entries in the item pull down list; "Wondrous item" & "Wondrous Item"

I believe the capital I should be the correct format, but consistency would be appreciated (I'm just doing a find/replace all in the db.xml file before exporting to a module, but root solution would be appreciated.)

I know this issue exists in DMG items, and suspect it might in others.

Thanks
    I've seen this, from developing WotC titles, oddly FG does want the small "i". A person would tend to think it would be "Wondrous Item" but FG want's "Wondrous item" and I think that's the way it is in the WotC books. ???
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Blog Entries
    DMG is small i.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    I'm good either way, just one-way

Ok, I'm going to need more. I've been through all of the WotC DLC and I don't see a single instance of Wondrous item appearing on the items pull down list. I've also checked the DMG since you particularly mentioned it and all of the wondrous items are consistent in that volume and the pull down list shows only 'Wondrous Item'. There was an issue a good while ago with one module I think which had various misspellings of Wondrous but those were fixed a long time ago. As Rob2e mentioned above anything created in par5e requires the item to be spelled 'item' in order for it to work; but the output is capitalized. All of the items in the DMG are spelled Wondrous Item.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; November 30th, 2018 at 09:45.

Thread Information