FG Spreadshirt Swag
    Blog Entries

Can You Specify Dice for Table Rolls?

I have created a random dragon generator using DCC RPG tables, and depending on what you roll for dragon hit dice, you would roll different dice on the spell tables. A smaller dragon might roll 1d6, while a larger dragon might roll 3d4 on the same table.

So, if my 'Dragon Hit Dice' table has a [Spells] column triggering a roll on the 'Spells' table, can I specify what dice to roll on that table? Currently, I have multiple identical tables with different dice rolls (and unique names), which works fine, but I was wondering if there is a better way. I tried a bunch of things, and I know how to do this using the /rollon command in the chat window, but I couldn't make anything work from a table column.

If anyone knows, please share...

Drag and drop your dice onto the little box next to the "roll" button.

Blog Entries
    Hi leozelig I dont think you can achieve what you are after here using a single table. you will need to keep using the multiple tables I think.

Oh, I misunderstood the question. Sure, just setup your table for the max, then clicking the roll button at the top gets you the "default" roll, but dropping another roll onto the table rolls *that* die instead.

On this example, I clicked the roll button a few times and got the default of d12. However, the last three, I dropped a d6 onto the table, you can see from the dice image that it rolled only a d6.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Andraax. So could you trigger that from a different table? One row result would prompt a d6 roll on [Bane Weapon], and another would roll a d12. I will post a screenshot, but I think damned follows what I am asking.

You cannot do that invoking it from another table. However, the next version of the Generators extension will be able to do exactly what you are asking for, and a whole lot more.

Blog Entries
    Awesome, Bidmaron. I will check it out when it's released!

Here are some screenshots of what I have...

screenshot0001.png

So many spell tables!
    screenshot0003.png

Ideally I would use this one table but with different dice...
    screenshot0002.png

Here is an example of a dragon rolled with my tables - one click for all this, not bad!
    screenshot0004.png
    Last edited by leozelig; August 20th, 2018 at 00:09.

Blog Entries
    I wonder if you could use the /rollon command?

/rollon [table name] <-c [column name]> <-d [NdN+N]> <-hide>
    Roll on the campaign table named, and display the result. If column name is specified, only display the results from that column. If d option specified, then use that die roll instead of the default table die roll. If hide specified, then only display the results to the GM.

Blog Entries
    /rollon Spells <-d 1d6> works from the Chat window, but I am not aware of an equivalent command within a table column. The generator bounces between 5 tables to complete the random dragon entry. It's typical DCC madness...

Thread Information